Earth Day

Earth Day

A Story by LoLo
"

Not really a story more like an article or memoir about helping the earth. As I walked through this field I wished I Had a bag to clean up. Low and behold a little blue newspaper bag lie stuck in the cold wet mud and I did not care if my hands were dirti

"

Every where I turned the land was crying. Wrappers and empty soda bottles scattered in the field, were creating a strong feeling of disgust within the pitts of my stomach.  I felt sorry for the earth.  This is a world we humans take so much for granted.  So little of us recognize the sanctity of our home, how our lives depend upon the earth's generosity, how much we take and do not give back.  After the snow melts, the fluffy white dew that hides the dirty liter, we are shown the true ignorance of our people.  Yet every day people drive their expensive cars, are more concerned with personal success and financial stability than our world, or the animals that live within our filth. What about the herbs we grow, that lead to medicines that heal us, make us strong?  Or the trees that produce our air, or perhaps the vast pools of water that provide our very existance?  These simple things we need everyday to survive, are blissfully forgotten and our egos possess us of unimportant things we consider true values.  Wake up people! Spend a day giving back.  tell the earth you care.  Embrace her, cleanse her, share your gratefulness and love.  She does it for you.  She deserves it.

 

© 2009 LoLo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hi Lolo,
Nice story. I share in your sentiment about how the human race has become a plague on Mother Earth. The trash that people throw on the ground seems only a small slice compared to the muck that humanity has spilled into the sky. Good effort.

If I may, I have to gripe about how you use commas ( , ) in your sentence structure. Commas are used to seperate ideas in a sentence, not to split the sentence because the shift of the idea turns to a different direction. Too many commas makes the flow of the sentence kind of choppy and interupts the tone you're trying to set. I share in your enthusiasm to taking English Comp in your upcoming schooling, and I hope that you pay attention to the basic rules and so-called 'laws' of the written word, which will make spilling the ideas onto the page easier and more effective; more enjoyable. Then it's just a matter of getting your ideas down while their fresh in your mind and going back to do the tedious part, editting. You've made a good start, my friend. Here's hoping that your journey into the infinate boundaries of the written word take you to where your dreams hope to go. Take care, and keep it up!
BZ

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2009
Last Updated on April 22, 2009

Author

LoLo
LoLo

Appleton, WI



About
I am a young female writer beginning on my writing journey. I live in the small city of Appleton, Wisconsin. Surrounding the Fox Cities are fields and fields country, cows, farmers, and of course mor.. more..

Writing
Desperation Desperation

A Poem by LoLo


Scarlet Scarlet

A Poem by LoLo


Raw Bliss Raw Bliss

A Poem by LoLo