Flight Terror

Flight Terror

A Story by LoLo
"

A witch harnesses the power of flying

"

The kitchen was dim, only a naked light bulb hung from the browning ceiling. Dust particles shifted through the air, and melted white candles burned calmly in the night. It was well past midnight, the perfect time to stir up a little magick.
     

         Adriana closed her eyes to focus on the backs of her delicate lids. She was aware of the evil that would sense her if she were to harness her power. But she couldn’t fight the urge, for her powers needed to be stronger and practice was essential. She directed any stray thoughts to the back of her mind and commanded the all-encompassing spirit to take over. She felt electric pulses streaming through her veins and heard a loud rumble shaking her pale body. As she crunched her arms to her sides and clenched her fists tight, she slowly felt her feet shift off the ground.

      

        The moment she realized she was hovering, her mind snapped back, jolting her body back to earth. Damn it! She would try again. Something lingered in the air, a feeling of bitterness and terror. Sensing a demonic force coming towards her, she knew she did not have much time to spare, but she dared to try again.
     

       Her veins were on fire and she heard an earth quake inside of her head and in a moment she was floating again. She felt like a fish swimming through the air. This time, her concentration was left unbroken, even though the evil was nearing. She lingered through the old musty farmhouse. Flying up the stairs and around the corner to a small bedroom, she gazed down upon her snoring friend. Her friend would be safe and sound. This she could trust. It was she they were after.

       

        She enjoyed this, she was waiting for this intense power to blossom and grow within her, and on this night it finally arrived. But would this be it? Would this be the only chance she could prove to her self that she could control mind over matter? That the challenge can be overcome? Of course there was a price to pay for such strength, and she was afraid of how high the stakes were. It may be possible she could just float away, but they would track her like lions after their prey. She would be ever moving, and would have to be fast. This wasn’t a life she could live.

                

           Just a little longer, just a stretch, she had to believe this was real, had to get outside. She swam back down the stairs, through the kitchen and out the back door. The night air was cool against her skin and smelled of fresh cut grass and dirt. The soft breeze brushed her long dark flowing hair, exposing her graceful neckline. An off-white semi-truck was parked down the street lighted by the street lamp. Trees surrounded this lamp casting leafy shadows on and around the truck.

           

           Adriana coasted to the semi’s rooftop. Her feet lightly touched the aluminum and she pointed her face to the sky. They were almost there. She needed to stop. Let go of the godliness that possessed her. It was in this instant she feared letting go of the magick more than the vicious demons that would become her. She took a strong leap off the side of the truck noticing hundreds of red eyes gleaming through the dark encasing the area surrounding the truck. In that moment half way to the ground, she broke the magickal ties, and fell hard cutting up her knees. Blood trickled down her calves. She quickly looked out at the night and realized the eyes had vanished, just as her power did. She lay there in the street and buried her head within her hands.

          

       Gasping for air, Adriana sat strait up in her red satin covered bed. A dream? No. It was too real…had to be real….wasn’t real. Who dreams of such thrill and terror? Only in her witchy dreams would her ancient power be born.

© 2012 LoLo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful though I wish you would've included more information in it. Other than that, It was a very good read and I enjoyed it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANT
Your writing is amazing! Good job and keep it up!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Not bad. Some more background information would help the reader quite a bit, but that's just my anal-retentiveness kicking in.

However, I see this becoming something bigger.

-Midnight

Posted 15 Years Ago


Interesting story with good description. I enjoyed the thought behind it, and the ending made me wonder.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 19, 2009
Last Updated on June 3, 2012

Author

LoLo
LoLo

Appleton, WI



About
I am a young female writer beginning on my writing journey. I live in the small city of Appleton, Wisconsin. Surrounding the Fox Cities are fields and fields country, cows, farmers, and of course mor.. more..

Writing
Desperation Desperation

A Poem by LoLo


Scarlet Scarlet

A Poem by LoLo


Raw Bliss Raw Bliss

A Poem by LoLo