She Waits

She Waits

A Story by LoLo
"

A struggle to be free of depression and disease

"

~She was involved with the wrong people, letting the toxins control her life. This got her no where but deeper and deeper into a greater depression.
~She had dreams. She was excited for the world. Her true soul ached to explore the beauty and wonder of life.
~She became strong, exhausted of the sorrow, moved on to try being positive. Losing weight, avoiding drugs, detoxifying, and happiness within her grasp, she smiles.
~She cries. She pushed and her body disagreed. Disease crept inside and she lies suffering in bed for months. Hopelessness is now a part of her every moment, nothing helps. Friends question her sanity, whether or not she exagerates. She eats, she smokes, forgetting her goals.
~Wait, this can't be it, there has to be more. What with such a young woman as she, there's so much to experience.
~She tries, doctor upon doctor, no such luck. Money wasted on expensive treatments of no such use. Surgery performed and still the pain inflicts. There has to be a reason, a lesson to be learned.
~She prays, undoubtedly prays. Answers seem elusive, nothing emerges, hope falters.
~She breaks, her heart shattering, begging for God's recognition. Falling to her knees, sobbing till her stomach bitters and her mind numbs.
~Morning comes, her long time friend recomends a new doctor, one that sounds positvely helpful. Ignoring it for a while, she doubts. She despairs, but grasps what scanty hope she can gather.
~She's looking for life, for peace, desiring a future filled with love.
~She sees the doctor. Could he really help? All she can do is wait for pain to diminish....she waits and waits again...

© 2012 LoLo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So moving emotionally, taking us into the depth of this darkness. I spent years in depression and could too easily relate to the pain and despair. Such an insightful write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


How upsetting. I can't count how many times I've heard about people like this. It was very emotional and touching. I could almost feel her pain and your descriptions were amazing. With a little cleaning up this would be great to see in short story collection. You're really good at this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow this is a cry for help from a young woman!
I understood it all her emotion her life the torture!
Wow really stands out well written and desription is fantastic!
Well done i think u are a fine writer
xxGemxx

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2009
Last Updated on June 3, 2012

Author

LoLo
LoLo

Appleton, WI



About
I am a young female writer beginning on my writing journey. I live in the small city of Appleton, Wisconsin. Surrounding the Fox Cities are fields and fields country, cows, farmers, and of course mor.. more..

Writing
Desperation Desperation

A Poem by LoLo


Scarlet Scarlet

A Poem by LoLo


Raw Bliss Raw Bliss

A Poem by LoLo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..