chapter one

chapter one

A Chapter by vmprwndrlnd
"

First chapter that I have written.

"

 

The Night Flower

 

Lillian is the name.

The time is night.

The place is here.

The stars shine bright.

 

            Lillian’s feet were bare as she took another step in the soft wet grass. Her knee length dress flowed and its white color was luminous in contrast to the night sky. The thin straps and conformity of the torso of the dress to her body made the bottom flow out as she spun. Turning in circles and seeing the beautiful night sky made her happy, just like everything else outside. That was what she wanted. She loved the sky at night. The stars shone bright and knowing that every one of them was a different planet made her feel not so alone. Knowing that everybody else was asleep, she knew that the night was hers. She was so free.

            Her blonde hair had pink streaked through it and her nails were all painted different colors. She was free of the judgment of everybody else. She loved color. She could do anything and people wouldn’t be able to tell her that it wasn’t right. She was her own person and she could be whoever she wanted to be. It was her time, it was night time.

            She let herself fall to the soft ground. She lay on the grass and starred at the sky. The stars were so amazing. They seemed to never end. There were so many of them. The sky had a low glow to it because the moon was full as well.

            The cell phone that she had in her hand vibrated. It was nearly midnight so only one person would be calling. It would be Zane, Lillian’s boyfriend.

            “Hello?”

            “Good morning, my love” he said. She did just wake up about an hour ago. She was nocturnal for the most part. Ever since she was a tot, she loved the night time. The stars, the moon, the night flowers, she loved all of it. She slept from after school until about eleven at night so she got about 8 hours and a half. It was well enough for her. So she could go to school regularly and exist at night.

            “Good morning” She said laughing. “Shouldn’t you be asleep? You will be so tired at work tomorrow.”

            “I slept this after noon. Can I come see you?” He asked.  He did this about once a month. He loved spending the night hours with her. She was so free at night. Her confidence was outrageous and that was what he loved about her at night. He thought that it was amazing how free and comfortable with herself she was. She would wear dresses and color her hair, she never wore makeup, she was not shy with anything about her, and she was just the most amazingly non caring person he’d ever seen. She didn’t care what others thought about her. She liked herself the way she was and anybody else who didn’t, she couldn’t care less.

            “Sure, would you like to meet me in the park or you could come over here?” She asked.

            “I’m out front and walking back to where you are.” He said. The phone like went dead and she laughed as she turned around. She saw his figure come into view and she stood up to walk over to him.

            “Hello there stranger,” She said. She wrapped her arms around him in a hug and a kiss. He let her lead him over to her telescope that was in the middle of the yard. She’d had it there since she was in 3rd grade. On her 8th birthday, this was her parents’ birthday present to her. She loved nothing more than astronomy. She had dozens of books and movies and posters all about stars, planets, and the night time in general.

            Lillian and Zane had been together for a little bit over two years now. They had seen each other cry, they had seen each other laugh, they had been through it all together. The comfort and passion shared between them was unmatchable and to them, there never was a love so pure.

            “Look,” she said, peering through the telescope, “Orion’s belt is out tonight.” She let Zane take a peek and he saw it too.

            “I love stars… but not nearly as much as you do. And you don’t love the stars nearly as much as I love you.” He said to her. She blushed and they both plopped down in the grass and looked up at the full sky. Then, they looked at each other.

            “I love you too” She said suddenly.

            He looked at her. He really did love her as she really did love him. The way that he saw it, most people never found the people that they loved enough to spend the rest of their lives with, so they settled. Neither of them wanted to do that. Love had fireworks. They gave love a whole new meaning. Their love could get through anything and they knew it well. With their love, they could change the world, because nobody has loved a love as this before beside God.

            “Lillian, you know that I could never even dream of being with anyone else. You know this right?” he asked. She looked deep into his eyes. It was almost as if she saw right through him, his mind, and his heart, directly to his soul. She could tell everything about him. There were no secrets between them.

            He sat up. He pulled out a small box and opened it up to a simple small silver band with a couple diamonds around it. She gave him a look of awe. Her hand was given to him and he slipped it on her ring finger.

            “I love you, Lillian Whitney McLullin. With all of my heart and all that I am, nobody could ever feel anything close to what I feel for you. Lillian, marry me.” He said to her. One silent tear fell down her left cheek as she felt the love overwhelm her.

            “I love you, Zane, and I accept this proposal.” She said. This was all that she said before she let their lips touch. They kissed slowly and they kissed passionately.

Lillian had known that this was coming for a while. She and he both knew that their plan was to get married. She had imagined this a thousand and one times in her head, but she still, in her head, could not catch the reign of emotions that both would have on that night.

            They parted and in each others arms, watched the sky. They were in love and in that, in being together, they were in their own utter oblivion of perfection that most people will never in a thousand years know.           



© 2008 vmprwndrlnd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 13, 2008


Author

vmprwndrlnd
vmprwndrlnd

Morgantown, WV



About
Hello, my name is Paige. I love to read, write, paint, draw, and do just about anything creative. i am the anti violence. i think that under no circumstances is it right, but sometimes it is necessary.. more..

Writing