6 march 2023

6 march 2023

A Story by veronica
"

this was an english assignment in 9th grade. concise and a very real experience for me. it meant a lot to me when I wrote it, so i'm sharing it even though I don't find it particularly interesting

"
I spent my teenage years in a dull industrial town. It was never much fun - the sky was grey all the time, the houses were all the same, and the air was heavy with the smells from all the factories around.
At one point, I found a somewhat curious place - a not-so-tall bridge, on top of which passed a railway. To get there you had to climb a small hill, through stiff grass and lifeless plants. Right next to the tracks was a weeping cherry tree with cute little white flowers. The place wasn't much, really, but it was quiet and calm - except, of course, for the occasional trains that passed by. When a train came, you just had to walk down the hill.
One day, I was sitting by myself next to the cherry tree, blasting music in my headphones and unaware of all dangers. I did not realise that a train was speeding towards me until it was almost too late. The screeching of the train tracks and the deafening horn - which were dangerously close to me - finally made me aware of my surroundings. My heart stopped when I saw the train and I nearly jumped off the hill. I quickly got down, with my heart racing and my breath short. I couldn't stop shaking for a long time.
It was an awful experience, but, in the end, it really did make me realise that I shouldn't take life for granted, since it could end so easily simply because I had a moment of carelessness.

© 2024 veronica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on May 27, 2024
Last Updated on May 27, 2024
Tags: short story

Author

veronica
veronica

United Kingdom



About
hi! the works here are all pretty old, which is because i'm currently working on a full novel and not writing short stories anymore, unfortunately. more will hopefully come. for more information you s.. more..

Writing