August 2

August 2

A Chapter by Calypso

August 2

            I woke up feeling… sick. The nurse kept taking my temperature and she was puzzled because instead of being warm I was 98.5 degrees.

            She asked the doctor and they were both baffled.

            I was checked out of the infirmary at noon. I didn’t feel sick I just wasn’t hungry and had a headache.

            Dad was waiting for me right after school. Janna gave him a note telling him that I was sick. Dad started asking me if I wanted to stay but I answered him no and he asked again only for me to answer the same.

            So I went home and slept for most of the day. Dad kept checking in on me to  give me crackers and ginger ale.        

            It wasn’t until I put on bed rest did I realize that missed my bed so much. The comforter was pink and lacy (a remnant of childhood), but was a lot better then the cots I’m used to sleeping in.

            While in bed I look up my symptoms on Webmd system checker. The headache, loss of appetite, cold chills, and vomiting checked out with the flu but there was something else that seemed to fit as well, fluoxetine, Prozac, withdraws.

            This is why the doctor were confused, they didn't know I had stopped taking my prozac. Maybe if I would have kept taking it I wouldn't be in this boat right now. I'm not sure if I should tell someone, or just start back up. I guess randomly starting at 40 mg won't hurt me too much even though the doctors did start me on 20 mg.

            I shouldn’t have written those two last paragraph (or this sentence), oh well I’ll just cover it over with whiteout. Stupid me.

            As the day went on my symptoms became worse. I vomited twice more, and I become dizzy, tired, and angry.

            This sucks, sucks, and sucks.

            I was able to hold down some chicken soup. Dad was thoughtful enough to buy me Popsicles from the market at the corner. I wasn’t hungry so I pretended to eat them. In reality as soon as Dad would hand me one I would throw it away.

            While I slept on and off Dad was in the living room watching a football game. When he has free time he tends sit on the couch for three hours and watch football games from weeks ago. It’s even worse when the Packers, his favorite team, are on.

            At five I became so bored I could have cried. For the first time in a long while I wished Dad was gone. Too bad Fridays are the only day of the week where he takes no calls (if you need him on Fridays then you text him). In fact he even unplugs the phone.

            He still reads from the Bible for an hour like always and calls his buddies, but that’s it.

            So I’ve been going crazy in here. I hope he doesn’t find out.

           



© 2012 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

fluoxetine withdraws. I knew it~ I've gone through a similar process haha.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I sure hope she makes it past with drawl. She'd be better off I think without that dangerous drug.

Posted 13 Years Ago


An intersting chapter. Is she going downhill again?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2011
Last Updated on May 7, 2012


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


June 16 June 16

A Chapter by Calypso


August 8 August 8

A Chapter by Calypso