July 9

July 9

A Chapter by Calypso

July 9

            During the second break yesterday I stepped out side to get a few photos. The assignment for this week is for us to take nature photos and I was lacking.

            I had just raised my camera and just about to take a photo when I felt someone’s arms wrap around my waist.

            I yelp and almost lost grip on my camera but instead I held it tighter.

            “It’s just me.” Roman whispered in my ear.

            I had guys wrap their arms around my waist but it was mainly because they believe they had, but this time on one was looking. “I’m leaving.”

            I swallowed the stone like lump in my throat. After placing my hand on my face I tried to talk.

            “See you tonight, please come looking for me.” I whispered the words softly in his ear and as we broke the embrace I saw anxiety settle on his face.

            “I can’t wait to see you. Just don’t get in trouble.” He hugged me before walking off.

            “Some rules were made to be broke.” I said as he disappeared from my sight.

 

 

            So this is my master plan. I would pretend to sleep and around 1 a.m. I would sneak out like Roman showed me and meet him up at…

            Damn I forgot the street I said I would meet him on. I remember the gas station that was near to it; I just hope Roman will remember something.

            I also have a plan about the journal entries. I still want to write down the encounters with Roman so I can remember them more clearly, but I will tear the entry out and hide them in my suitcase. I will also put July 7th entry in the suitcase as well. Simple.

            Come night everyone else was fast asleep, but I was sure to drink an extra cup of coffee at dinner so I wouldn’t be tired. Just as I thought I was wide awake and ready to go at 12am.

            Before slipping out I put twenty dollars in my pocket. I was scared to death to sneak out. The last thing I wanted was to be found. I was set back a level just for purging; I can’t imagine what would happen to me if I were caught sinking out.

            Luckily for me I was out of Bryant’s in ten minutes, but it felt like an hour.

            It was dark and misty outside, cold enough to consider a jacket, but before I could think more about it I saw a 2002 blur Honda, the car Roman said was his, parked on the curb.

            I made a sprint to the Honda praying one could see me right now. As I came closer I saw Roman in the front seat. He saw me too.

            Although before I could jump in his car I had a sudden parental flashback, one where Mom told me to never get in a stranger’s car. Roman wasn’t strange, was he?

            The first thing that hit me was how loud his music was. He was listening to Metallica and was using his hand to drum the beats on his steering wheel.

            The front part of his car looked clean, but smelled like spoiled milk. It almost smelled as if he had taken a bottle of milk and sloshed it all inside of his car.

            He turned the music off, “Where to pretty lady?”

            I had considered this before going to bed tonight. What does two teenagers do at 1am in a car besides have sex?

            “I don’t know.”

            Roman looked out his windshield. “What about Starbucks?”

            “Is it open at 1am?”

            “I don’t know.”
            “Then no. Let’s go somewhere else.” I looked at Roman but I realized he was busy. It was as if he was looking out for something or someone.

            Pulling the key from the ignition he threw the keys on my lap. “Can you drive?”

            “Yes.”
            “Then you pick where we go.”

            Roman and I switched seats before I drove off. I’ve driven before even though I don’t have my learners. I wasn’t too sure where I was going, but I was driving well enough to get us somewhere safe.

            I finally decided to go into the woods. Roman looked creped out when I went threw the small woods, but I reassured him that I wasn’t about to kill him.

            “Do you want…?” Sex

            “No.” Not now at least.

            Once I stopped the car I tried to think of things to talk about. I remember seeing his Bible in the floor of the passenger side.

            “Have you been keeping up with reading the Bible?”

            “I don’t believe in Jesus.” He said bluntly.

            Automatically I put the end of my thumbnail into my mouth and started chewing on it.

            “My parents just made me go because they want to force their religion down my throat. Why did your parents make you go?”

            “My Dad is a youth pastor.”

            Roman raised an eyebrow, “What about your mom?”

            I paused not to sure if I should answer him, but before I could say much else I said, “She’s dead and so is my sister. She was my only sibling.”

            Roman looked at the floor. “What happened to them?”

            I hate telling people what happened to Mom and Morana so I came up with something that seemed to satisfy people, but didn’t dig up emotions. “They just ran out of luck.”

            I finally sighed and started the car back up. Roman knew I wanted to go back so he didn’t stop me.



© 2010 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's what my parents did to me too, forced their religion down my throat. Silly people. It's one of the worst things you can do.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i was expecting a little more...like they go on a short lived adventure or something. but this is still a short lived emotional advendture. But now i'm also interested in Romans past.

Great write. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written again

Posted 13 Years Ago


I thought she was going to get into serious trouble here. Enjoyable chapter.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

577 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


August 23 August 23

A Chapter by Calypso


Linger Linger

A Poem by Robin