June 11

June 11

A Chapter by Calypso

June 11

            Today and yesterday have been hard days. When we got here yesterday first thing that happened was that a psychologist saw me. The doctor asked Dad questions about Mom’s pregnancy and my childhood health for about thirty minutes. Then he asked me a few questions. I was nervous and timid and he told me he only wanted to help me, but I don't feel like he will. I believe he got the gist of my problems though. He said he could tell I was an extreme bulimic and he said he was surprised I hadn’t died yet.

            After that I was weighed and more blood was taken. I hugged Dad good-bye before he left. A women called Janna patiently waited for me to say my good byes. She took me for a tour of Bryant’s.

            She told me she was the counselor for bulimics. She also said that she had a degree in counseling, but her main job was to watch over me. Along with that I was told that if I ever thought of hurting myself that I should tell her. She went on to explain the building; “The building has a school, hospital, and church in it. We are one of the best in Chicago. Have you already filled out your forms for your classes?”

            I shook my head. As we came out of the elevator I counted the tiles and I stood back so Janna couldn’t see me release my anxiety. I felt a need to touch the wall every other step because I was scared if I wouldn’t I would pass out again.

            “It’s okay we’ll set up your classes tomorrow. It’s almost five and you can’t get anything done after five.” She giggled lightly but then cleared her throat when I didn’t laugh. “Anyways you’ll be living in a room with four other girls and I. As you go up levels you’ll be able to get your room and privileges. Until then I have to walk with you everywhere.”

            I never opposed instead I just numbly followed her when she took me to my room.

            “Everyone is in dinner. Let’s go.”

            After dinner is monitory thirty minutes of journaling. They told me after this we get three hours of free time. I might read a book I’ve working on.



© 2011 Calypso


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the episodic nature of this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
very good Calypso!! you've clearly done your research (I'm working on something similar for one of my characters in Addicts) - this is great, you're subtly releasing information as we go along - not too much, not too little!! very good so far!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have to say, you could take this book in many different directions. I'm enjoying it, this is detrimentally a book I would love to buy one day.

Posted 13 Years Ago


his place sounds just like what Aelge needs!
This is a very interesting story so far :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

My best friend is bulimic and this sounds exactly what she went through! I struggled with it for a couple years so I know this is going to make me cry! It's really good, i'm excited to continue reading on :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your story is getting more interesting. This place sounds just like a mental hospital.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1123 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on October 21, 2011


Author

Calypso
Calypso

WV



About
I'm a full time college student, part time worker. I'm two years away from my bsw! In my free time I read, write and sim. Check out my tumblr blogs some time. http://emmy-1127.tumblr.com/ more..

Writing
Sand Garden Sand Garden

A Story by Calypso



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


June 10 June 10

A Chapter by Calypso


June 12 June 12

A Chapter by Calypso


Blood Blood

A Poem by HorrorMaster