Red Tint

Red Tint

A Poem by Tyler Dennison

Out of all the season's winter is my favorite. I like the cold, and I like the longer nights. Before that I enjoy fall, the months leading up, how the day starts to get shorter and the rain picks up, the ground is covered and we enter into a new time, it's like for a few months the ground is erased, the garbage, the waste, the death.

 

A white cover on the bleakness of destruction of the worlds open grave. We walk through life with one hand holding a sword and the other holding a shovel, cutting through people while digging our own graves lined with money, blood and our sins.

 

A taste left lingering in my mouth, blood from the multiple knifes in my back. I've been stabbed by my friends, been lied to and kicked while I was down. The winter snow has changed over the years, what was once fluffy and white is now tinted red and sticky. From the blood of those who have been covered over the passing seasons.

 

People, much like the seasons change throughout the year. We change, some for the best, some for the worse. We become who we set out to be, we bend our moral's, we set goals and place a mask of emotionless terror over our soul. We hurt whom ever we must to get where we feel we need to be.

 

I placed my share of knife's in peoples backs, for blurred reasons or out of pure rage. I've shared in this dance of pain and blood, stained the snow at my feet and glared into the eyes of my demons.

 

I enjoy winter.

 

The red tint outside my windows remind me that I'm still alive.

© 2011 Tyler Dennison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011

Author

Tyler Dennison
Tyler Dennison

Montreal, Canada



About
I'm 17 year's old, I've been writing since I could hold a pencil, and started writing poetry in grade 7. As of now I'm in grade 11, and have started to share my work. more..

Writing
Muse Muse

A Poem by Tyler Dennison