Fun In The Sun

Fun In The Sun

A Story by James K. Blaylock

Fun In The Sun

With the wind he did race, hard-charging down the street. It would be him and the birds neck in neck,as it were.

All was music and blurs as his ipod chimmed out on high. He would pass people too,but as i said all was now a colorful blurry unto him.

He had to get there and with the quickness. This is why his legs were being so very worked. Salty had come now to visit or maybe even stay,on the bridge of his youngish nose. And at this time he had to wipe it away lest it jump magically into his veiwers.

Closer he was coming to his thought; destination. Rounding corners and crossing concrete constructions. This was somewhat easy for him really. I mean he'd been putting this thing to use for ages it seemed. After a hearty teaching from his male adult figure told him the right and wrong way of things. And of course he was to have suffered a few blooded knees and elbows on the path for knowledge. And a few tears were spilt as well at those crashing moments. But as for nowadays he was a wizard at this stuff.

His mind was all so aware of all of the happenings within his general whereabouts...I mean they kind of have to be. With drivers the way they sometimes are and lets not forget (Ever,Ever,Ever) those slow creeping evil reeking child toucher machines on prowl.

But hey as long as his eyes were free of anything liquid or hard,he'd be just dandy. His back was now feeling that burn of work flowing up and down his toasty spine. But he tried in vain to keep those feelings at bay...you know kinda like out of mind out of mind.

Lucky for him,he was now coming up on the familiar. And within a blink in the distance he'd be where he was heading. And with this thought he kicked in his muscles a little more,ignoring his jellied limps.

And soon on the horizon he saw what looked to be waving figures by a known green bushy-limbed ages old wise wood. And his thoughts now began to cool down with the knowing his lateness would soon be forgiven.

All around stood many wheeled workout machines,with fleshy twigs holding them from fall. And soon his too would be right there amongst all the others. But his may be just a tad bit more worked than theirs were. Because he lived so far across town.

Soon their youngish faces were becoming very visible,and they had that look of lets hurry and get going written all over them. So almost as soon as his foot was to greet the dirt,it was almost again ready to mount. And after a few key word exchanges off they would all fly. Down to the ocean's edge for a new day of fun in the sun.


7-14 -07
 

© 2009 James K. Blaylock


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on May 26, 2009

Author

James K. Blaylock
James K. Blaylock

Tyler, TX



About
Hi, I'm James K. Blaylock and I'm a poet/writer. I'm 39, and I live in Texas. I was born and raised here. I have been writing now for 13 years and I've been blessed to be published a number of times. .. more..

Writing