Blog 10- Humans are Cyborgs

Blog 10- Humans are Cyborgs

A Story by SarahD

   Amber Case discusses in her Ted talk how we are all cyborgs. She talks about how we have two selves we must represent in life. We have our real human self and then the self we portray for us online. We portray ourselves the way we want to be seen on the internet. One way people portray themselves is by lying to others online. They might create fake profiles or provide fake pictures or fake information to someone they are talking to. While most people, like myself, are somewhat honest online, our online personality is an extension of ourselves. Case says that we have created our own kind of wormhole by being able to speak in a device and our voices can be heard across the country or the world. 
   In my podcast regarding Catfishing on creating fake profiles, I discuss how easily the people can manipulate others to believe that they are someone else. The internet is basically a blank piece a paper and anything can be written on it and no one would challenge the person or say that they were lying. I could say I some guy that's in his 30's and no one would think I'm lying because they have no reason too. I agree with Case when she says that our online personality is an extension of ourselves but some people take it too far. They lie to others or they scam the victims  giving them money. Whatever the reasoning is behind lying to someone on the internet, it is not OK. 

© 2016 SarahD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on March 13, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

SarahD
SarahD

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have always loved to read and write. I like to write stories that take people out of their own world and make them fall in love with fictional characters. I enjoy Raising Canes and I adore my dog, A.. more..

Writing