Blog 9- Words: The Most Powerful Weapon

Blog 9- Words: The Most Powerful Weapon

A Story by SarahD

Dan Ariely,professor of Psychology and Behavioral Economics, says that we do not make our own choices. Many people feel this way. They believe that free will is just an illusion. Other people believe that free will is what allows good things and bad things to happen. Free will is sometimes used to justify a terrible incident like a shooting or a car accident. I believe that we have free will and use it everyday. When were out or at home and online. People use their own free will when they are on the computer. For example, someone who chooses to bully or catfish someone made their own decision to do that. Someone who chooses to scam someone and steal money from someone who is gullible chose to do that. On the internet we can tell people lies about who we are and they will never believe us.
   Language is incredibly powerful. Language can be used as one of the strongest weapons in life. The world's greatest and worst leaders have all used language to gain and lose their followers. Words can be hurtful too. The West borrow Baptist Church would show up at the funerals' of soldiers and hold signs saying "F**s go to hell!" Words are some of the world's most powerful weapons. A gun is still going to cause more damage but words can incite people to irreversible damage.
   We are conditioned to act a certain way, though. From what we watch on TV to what we see in magazines, we are told what to see as important. Society molds us. Within society is a language that the people learn and know. It is important to know that there is more to learn and believe that what were told.

© 2016 SarahD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on March 13, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

SarahD
SarahD

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have always loved to read and write. I like to write stories that take people out of their own world and make them fall in love with fictional characters. I enjoy Raising Canes and I adore my dog, A.. more..

Writing