Boog 8-The Voice of NPR

Boog 8-The Voice of NPR

A Story by SarahD

Podcasts are becoming more and more popular. People seem to trust the voices behind podcasts more than the people behind the screen. I think that people trust voices because it seems more sincere. Listeners only have one thing to judge the person off of. In a video, viewers can judge a person's voice, appearance, looks, and how they hold themselves. Over a podcast all they can judge the person on is their voice. Without seeing what they look like there are almost no biases and listen to what they have to say. 
I think that some people who do podcasts speak a certain way to portray themselves in a certain way. Maybe they talk in a deeper voice or the speak slower to achieve a purpose. It must work because people keep listening to them.
For me, I have to be in the mood for a podcast. I need the visual stimulation but if I'm doing something like cleaning my room or doing laundry or driving, podcasts are perfect. Podcasts have a mood in them that can't really be conceived in face to face interaction. When I talk to my friends I don't change my voice. Although, I sometimes pause my voice for dramatic effect as a joke I don't lower my voice or do anything special.

© 2016 SarahD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on March 6, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

SarahD
SarahD

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have always loved to read and write. I like to write stories that take people out of their own world and make them fall in love with fictional characters. I enjoy Raising Canes and I adore my dog, A.. more..

Writing