Blog 5-"The Curious Researcher" Chapter 2

Blog 5-"The Curious Researcher" Chapter 2

A Story by SarahD

"Romantic Circles"
   This website at first glance looks legit and credible. While searching around their credibility in their published works might not be as credible. It might not be super credible due to the fact that uploads are done by amateur authors. Now, some of the authors, I'm sure have credible sources and did their research well but not necessarily all of them.
   This website is managed by the University of Maryland and just from browsing through titles, the work that is uploaded seems legit and well researched. The further you look into the website you find that most of the submissions are done by assistant professors. This website is dedicated to a select audience of the  Romantic period literature. Looking though the winners of writing contests they have, most of the winners and finalists are professors or assistant professors or students going to college. After learning this, I would argue that this site is credible and information taken from this site is accurate and correct.

"NewsBusters"
   NewsBusters is a political website dedicated to breaking down and pointing out how liberals create dramatic situations. This is incredibly biased. This is just as biased at Fox News being right wing and "The Daily Show" being left wing. NewsBusters motto is 'exposing and combating liberal media biases'. One of their articles even is addressing a segment from "The Daily Show".
   This websites showcases articles that mock liberal beliefs and just like any media, dramatize situations that don't need to be dramatized. I imagine that this is what it would look like to be conservative and read a liberal website that mocks conservative views.

© 2016 SarahD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on February 2, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

SarahD
SarahD

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have always loved to read and write. I like to write stories that take people out of their own world and make them fall in love with fictional characters. I enjoy Raising Canes and I adore my dog, A.. more..

Writing