Blog 4-"The Curious Resercher" Chapter1

Blog 4-"The Curious Resercher" Chapter1

A Story by SarahD

   1. How does punctuation and grammar play apart of today's new media?
 We don't really put a lot of thought into how we punctuate our text messages, yet people reading the message will notice it. For example, when someone texts me back with one exclamation  point I know that means they are eager or happy. If I receive a message that has multiple exclamation points I know that the person is super excited about what we are talking about. Also, some people like to see correct grammar and spelling used through texting but others don't care at all. For those who do care, it can be incredibly frustrating when someone uses the wrong there, their, or they're.
   2. Does new media like blogs and tumblr take away from newspapers and magazines?
I think that blogs and tumblr make reading information more interesting than a  newspaper. There is more accessibility to using graphics and color. Also, younger people are on online way more than they are reading a newspaper so having news available to them online makes it more convenient.
   3. Does the younger generation care less about correct grammar and punctuation than the older generation?
I think that overall, younger people don't put as much thought into whether or not a person has correct grammar or not. Personally, I care when people don't use correct spelling or grammar. One of my friends always says "brang" instead of brought. She will say, "I brang the book to class" and it kills me. It sounds so wrong and I tell her that but she always says that it sounds correct to her and she's stubborn so she won't  change. It really depends on the person on whether they care or not.

© 2016 SarahD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on January 27, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

SarahD
SarahD

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have always loved to read and write. I like to write stories that take people out of their own world and make them fall in love with fictional characters. I enjoy Raising Canes and I adore my dog, A.. more..

Writing