Blog 3-"Instant Messaging and the Future of Language"

Blog 3-"Instant Messaging and the Future of Language"

A Story by SarahD

   New media alters the way we communicate by allowing us to to use abbreviations and hashtags. Apps like Twitter allow people to create messages in 120 characters. New media like cell phones has made memorizing phone numbers a thing of the past. I only have my parents cell numbers and home number memorized because when I was in elementary school I would have to call my parents on the home phone attached to the wall. 
   We no longer use words like "thou and thine" simply because we have evolved. Our words have changed greatly with the advancement technology. We don't use that higher English any more and the only time we see it usually when we are reading some sort of story written in the 19th or 18th century. Today, if someone were to use "higher English" it would sound odd.

© 2016 SarahD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on January 27, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016

Author

SarahD
SarahD

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have always loved to read and write. I like to write stories that take people out of their own world and make them fall in love with fictional characters. I enjoy Raising Canes and I adore my dog, A.. more..

Writing