Blog 1- The Judgement of Thamus

Blog 1- The Judgement of Thamus

A Story by SarahD

Thamus has a cynical and pessimistic view on the advancement of technology. He claims that it is a burden to people and society. Thamus is mostly wrong. Technology is today's way of seeing into other cities and countries. We can access knowledge and events the moments after it happens. Technology, although complicated when misunderstood, allows people to communicate to friends and family members from all over the world.

Postman argues that technology depends upon the people using it. Yes, there are many advantages to technology but there are some uses for it that would make both Thamus and Postman cringe. They could argue that apps like Instagram and Twitter are used to exploit peoples' narcissism. When a tweet is sent out, it is usually to tweet about what that person is doing or what the person is experiencing at that moment. Instagram in reality is used for mainly young adults to brag about what they are doing to create an illusion that they are happy and having a good life. I can even be guilty of that sometimes. Every picture that makes it on to Instagram probably had 10-15 retake pictures before the final one. Thamus and Postman might agree that those apps are ridiculous because no one really cares what every one else is doing.

© 2016 SarahD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on January 26, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016
Tags: Thamus Technology Postman

Author

SarahD
SarahD

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have always loved to read and write. I like to write stories that take people out of their own world and make them fall in love with fictional characters. I enjoy Raising Canes and I adore my dog, A.. more..

Writing