Chapter 4 - Saboteur

Chapter 4 - Saboteur

A Chapter by junkun
"

Sora begins his first real fight and first game of Saboteur

"
I began my spells, fortifing and enchanting Gus and I. "Fortify: Steel body," I cast on us both to raise our defenses and "Fortify: Adrenaline Rush," to enhance our strength.

"Thanks partner!" Gus said as he rushed straight in take on our first opponent. 

But he was being too rash. It didn't make sense that they would only send one person out to take on 3 people. The second person had to be hiding somewhere...but where? 

"Ibuki," I said, " Can you detect anyone else?" 

Ibuki replied, " No, just that one person. Maybe the other person is hidden or maybe there really is just one guy." 

It couldn't be it made no sense. But it was too late, Gus was already locked in combat with our enemy. 

"Fortify: Feather Weight!" I cast on myself to boost my agility. "Fortify: Hyper Intuition!" I had to be careful until I could figure out what their strategy was. 

"Gus, jump back!" I yelled as I jumped in the air. 

Gus immediately hopped back. "Kirishima Sword Style: Art 3 - Diving Swallow!" 

I came down with a bang. I was using the back of my blade to prevent injuring anyone, a mere knock out would be plenty. The enemy managed to dodge but just barely. His range isn't great but he was quick. 

"I am going to look for the other members of his team," Gus announced. 

I would have preferred to stay together but keeping the buffs up was draining my magic, Gus was now out of my range so my buffs no longer applied to him. 

I replied, " Alright, be careful, if things get sticky, run. Don't be the hero." 

Right as I finished talking, the enemy charged at me. His daggers were different now, they were now glowing blue and red. They were branded with elemental properties, ice and fire. He lunged in, slashing at me while I dodged and redirected his strikes. Every building he hit either iced up or had a scorch mark. He was getting serious, I have to get serious if I want to win this as well. 

"Kirishima Sword Style: Art 5 - Whirlwind Wall!" I stabbed my blade into the ground and a huge gust of wind erupted. The enemy flew backwards and slammed against a wall, that should put some distance between us.

Just then, I heard Gus yell. "Ibuki, what happened to Gus?" I asked. 

Ibuki replied, "He was knocked unconscious by the other members." 

Now it was 1 on 3 all the way out here. Ibuki asked, "Should I come out there to assist you?" 

It would be too risky for Ibuki to leave the base, that was probably what they wanted. "No, that's probably their goal. Focus on setting up a defense around the base and locating the enemy base for now. When I tell you to go, I want you to head towards their base and destroy it. I can handle things here." I said. 

I didn't want to get this serious but it's okay to go all out once in a while. 

It was time to pull out all the stops, I stabbed Pistis into the ground. " Eros, Prepare for Combat!" 

Eros became my second blade, the twin blade of Pistis. Eros was long and thin. Extremely light weight to make it easier for my left hand  to handle. While Pistis was a ocean blue with a green sharp edge, Eros was a black with a crimson red sharp edge. 

"Kirishima Sword Style: Stance 14 - Sora Original, Nitoryu" 


© 2014 junkun


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on November 12, 2014
Last Updated on November 12, 2014


Author

junkun
junkun

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is a mystery...O.O I am a beginner writer. People told me my stories were great and I should pursue a career in writing but my parents weren't very supportive. So I am here to try and prove .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by junkun