Chapter 1 - I am Sora

Chapter 1 - I am Sora

A Chapter by junkun
"

Let's meet our main protagonist!

"
My name is Sora Kirishima and I am 19 years old. I am average height for my age but I don't expect to grow any more than this, which is fine with me. I have jet black hair and I have been told I have deep blue eyes. My eyes are the reason for my name, my eyes are as blue as the sky above our heads, my mom always told me. Unfortunately I have to wear glasses, so it kind of strays from the color of my eyes. I am not the most athletic person around but I manage. I prefer to stay indoors and find a good book to read or study up on my magic. I was born with the personas of trust and love, unfortunately 19 years later, I am still unsure of which persona is the one I am least like. 
People have described me as a natural leader and a peacemaker. I prefer not to get my hands dirty or exert any extra energy than I have to. But I put in all my effort into everything I do. I don't want to be a leader but it just happens. I am actually a real shy person, but once I start talking, I don't stop. If something needs to be done, I will do it. Its just how I think things should be. The only thing that stops you from succeeding is the fear of failing. If you give everything your all, then you can never fail. At least that what I live by. 
My family specializes in support and fortification magic but my family also come from a long line of the Kirishima Sword Style. We use our magic to fortify our blades or support the magic of others, intensifying the other person's spells. While our magic sounds great, there is a draw back. The intensity of the fortification is dependent on the connection with the person we are using the magic on. Now of course with time, the connection with the person gets stronger but there is not always time before a battle to work on that connection. 
It is the summer before my new life at St. Irene's Magic University. All throughout school, I looked for the one person I could use my fortification magic to its peak with but I still have yet to find that person. Once I begin school at SIMU, I will be enrolled in the secondary class due to my magic type. I don't mind though, in simulation battles, I would stand in the front lines while the EleMages would stand back focusing on casting. Fortification magic doesn't have a long cast time like Elemental magic does, which is another good point. So I can sit in the front and draw attention while fighting physically. 
SIMU is one of the largest magic universities around the world. Only top mages can get in and I had to study hard and long for this opportunity. My hard work will finally pay off because this is the biggest campus around. SIMU has the largest number of students enrolled and somewhere out there is the one person my magic is meant for. I forgot to mention, in my family, marriage is decided based off of magical connection. It sounds forced but there is a reason why the the connection is strongest with that person. I guess to put it simply, they are like your soul mate. Your heart, mind, and body was made for them and your magic will respond to that. 
I wont lie, I am using the magic connection to find out who the person I am meant to spend the rest of my life with is. Deep down, I am a hopeless romantic and I want nothing more than to meet her. I know, somewhere out there she is waiting for me to find her. That moment when we will finally meet and time will slow, not because of a time spell, but just because its her. I have this deep desire because my father is no longer with us. My mother left my father and remarried a couple years back. That is how I got the Kirishima name. Its just so happened that I was extremely compatible with the fortification magic and I was a quick learner so I mastered the Kirishima Sword Style. It may sound rough, but the Kirishima household took my mother, my brother, and myself in and it feels as though we have been family forever. So I guess, its the fact that I don't want to feel that loneliness like my mother did. I just want to find the perfect one for me and be happy.
My personas come from the principles of trust and love. Pistis is the Greek goddess of trust, she is the one who resembles what I could be or already am. Eros is the god of love, the trusty companion of Aphrodite. These two personas reside in me and they will make who I am. One of these two are the strongest thing about me while the other is the biggest fear. One makes me strong while the other makes me weak. I wish I knew which was which, that way I could become the person I am meant to be. 
Now that I think about it, my life is only beginning. Even though I have gone through hell and back one too many times, I don't know anything yet. Once I start at SIMU, I hope I will find the answers I am looking for. For now, I will focus on my studies and train everyday. Summer is just beginning, it would be a shame to waste it. 


© 2014 junkun


Author's Note

junkun
This is my first chapter.. >.< If you have any tips or anything feel free to message me :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on November 11, 2014
Last Updated on November 11, 2014


Author

junkun
junkun

Toronto, Canada



About
My name is a mystery...O.O I am a beginner writer. People told me my stories were great and I should pursue a career in writing but my parents weren't very supportive. So I am here to try and prove .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by junkun