up.. up...grow

up.. up...grow

A Poem by Sarah Redigan

I really wish growing up i would have paid attention to the small stuff and more of the big picture. not focusing so much on the reputation people though i had and more on the one i knew i should have had. I am not that girl i was classified as very little knew the real me. Rushing to grow up to claim my freedom and responsibilities. Who would have known that even though not so very easy those time were the easy ones. Gave my heart to easily and let it get broken "it really was me not you" focusing on all the laughter that could have been if only i let myself be me. Not hidden in a shell behind a wall. Wish i didnt care what you thought and cared how i thought and felt. Now i punish myself still such a tough shell hidding behind a wall. My problems are bigger & life is really all grown up. Fell in love. Work very hard paying bills no time to fall apart. Keep your head up. Dont let them see that things could have been diffrent if i only let me be me. I thought back then my struggles were rough never thinking of what my future had in mind. If i would have only have taken the time to let myself really see me ... the hell with you you cant touch me now. I really am all grown up.

© 2015 Sarah Redigan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life is learning. Past just lessons to make us better.
"the hell with you you cant touch me now. I really am all grown up. "
I agree with the above lines. Thank you Sarah for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


I believe I have the ability to know any person, although I don't believe I use the most "fair" methods.

You are already a well-thought out writer, and possibly a deep thinker. I think the concepts of light and dark are not foreign to you, and a part of you still holds onto the past. Additionally, you have a voice to be heard and you are doing your best to freely express yourself. There night be some strong emotions in you that may of never been lived out into some manifestation or fruition.

Forgive me if any of this is wrong, but I take this from your writing. I thought because of your generous words I would impart some of mine to you.

Sometimes we can know a person even by the music they enjoy.

You inspire me, as many do. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sarah Redigan

8 Years Ago

WOW! This is probably one of the best reviews i have ever received .. thank you so much. I'm glad th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 17, 2015

Author

Sarah Redigan
Sarah Redigan

MI



About
Hi! My name is Sarah I'm a little eccentric at times .. ☆ I am also very sensitive and strong ♡I have a lot of faults and imperfections but I drive on them... I enj.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Nothing Nothing

A Poem by KeiraOndrus