ALL NIGHT

ALL NIGHT

A Story by traveling mind
"

Not exactly what you think

"
I drove all night just to see if we could hold each other once more. I drove all night just to see if your lips still tasted sticky and sweet. I would drive all night just to see you again. The down pouring rain can't keep me from you, your smile is worth it all, the long drive to see you again once more, feel your skin on mine, lips to lips, to hear your voice whispering to me. I'd drive all night for one more time with you.  Do you remember us chasing the waves on that hot summer day, soaked and laughing till the sun set? Do you remember how we skied icy slopes, we hit a bump, we each lost a ski, and rolled the rest of the way down. Can you feel my touch? The hours tick away, I sit by your bed wating for your eyes to open, your skin is cool, not ready to say goodby. We took our vows, till death, but now is too soon... Take one more drive down the open road with me by your side, give me one look, one touch, I sighed and I slept by your side. What seemed like hours was only moments, for a brief moment in silence I felt a squeeze, your hand in mine.... then the long beep. Tears rolled endlessly, heart wishing it was me, frozen in time, silience... Where did you go i question, I close my eyes, I hear the rain softly against the pane outside. I can hear the motor rumbling, probably thunder, I can see the car, roof top down and your red hair blowing in the wind, you're on your own drive now, your new journey begins. I keep humming any old song I can think of, and that keeps me from feeling, thinking of anything deep.... anything about you.

© 2011 traveling mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was so sad and so full of love and devotion. You took me right there with you and painted me the picture.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem elicited tears ...what a beautiful poem. Yes, its about grief, but more, its about loving someone so much and remember the times before the illness. I very much enjoyed this writing. Yes, tears were shed as I read it but that makes it a well written poem. When you can bring tears, joy, happiness, sorrow to your reader...you have done a very good job writing.

thanks for writing this and sharing it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow, so much grief in this one. Brought tears to my eyes.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2011

Author

traveling mind
traveling mind

SC



About
forty ish, an austistic child, fighter of life through n through if i can get up feel the sun, the beauty in my garden my sons sticky smile, lifes crap can wait more..

Writing