NO NAME

NO NAME

A Story by traveling mind
"

a third persons dream

"
When she looked into the mirror all she saw was a shell. Shell of what she used to be, a face with no name, no memory of what she's to do, or where to go, or where to start, or how she got here. In the mirror she sees someone no one else sees, someone who's hidden, coverd with tangled webs, pain, ugliness, and a shell of what she used to be. In the mirror she looks at what othesr see, eyes that sparkle, a laugh that others follow with, someone who is giving and kind, someone that most can like, this is not he person she shes in the mirror. This person she doesn't recognize, where did her adult self go? Why is it hard to stand up tall and be who she wats to be? She closes her eyes, she hears in the next room this amazing string orchestra, soothing, rushing in, pulling back, rushing in, pulling back, like a slow dance, rushing in again with grandness, and before it pulls back, she hears the violin making a ballerina sond, and she is transported back to a happie place, her place where she once laughed, smiled, and can feel the summer heat, the cool sand, and hear the ocean calling, leaving her in a peaceful place, She sank to the floor, feeling it, hearing it, remembering it all like the first time as a child would, craddeling her and it made her smile, she breathed deep as if she  can smell the sounds of the wind, rushing by her. Once she releaxed, her breath shallow once more, she heard the violins again and it made the saddest sound like heavy rain, the sand started to fade, the ocean receeded, the birds got quiet, and the wind still. She opened her eyes and sighed. She realized she was back looking at the mirror, at a face with no name, but for those few short, peaceful memoments in her quiet world she got to remember and feel the place she cravees to be once more. She is exhausted, legs heavy, heart like metal and jaggered, she climbs into bed, head falling deep into her pillow, she left the windows open in her room hoping once asleep she will find her way back to her journey.

© 2012 traveling mind


Author's Note

traveling mind
T.J. wrote a piece called The Last Lie, it really stuck to me and inspired me to write NO NAME. He has quite a way with words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Again you have painted a wonderful scene with your words. I actually felt like I was the one rushing in and being pulled back. Really did enjoy reading this one. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome! I know that ride all too well, and you penned the emotions behind it so well :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW!! Amazing writing! It took me right along with her seeing the things that took her into despair then happiness and back. Oh, I have journeyed that journey many times. For those fleeting moments when she found her happy place though, I found mind, and welcomed it. thanks for writing and sharing this. We never know the lives we may touch when we write. We never know the smiles we encourage. I smiles. thanks thanks thanks..

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on September 21, 2012

Author

traveling mind
traveling mind

SC



About
forty ish, an austistic child, fighter of life through n through if i can get up feel the sun, the beauty in my garden my sons sticky smile, lifes crap can wait more..

Writing