Enveloped

Enveloped

A Poem by traveling mind

There is something about a warm shower, hot as i can take it till my skin starts to shrivel. I love the way the hot water envelopes me, i close my eyes, breathing in the steam, hearing the water fall against my body soothes my aches my tensin, i just mediate now. Sometimes i talk with god, and sometimes i feel like he can hear me; it is just him and i a in that one closed in space. The water falls n evelopes me like my favorite blanket from th dryer, wrapping me, encasing me,taking me in and feeling secure, n safe, i can stand here for hours, or till the hot water is no more, the comfort, the satisfaction, the peace it brings is my favorite place to be when i feel th stress of the world falling at my feet. Sometimes i find myself faking a shower, to close my eyes and hear the water, to get that little me time in. I think my love for hot showers, would be equal to some who need that caffeine fix. A bath is nice, shared by one or two, but the water gets too cold, the bubles disappear, n my skin gets goose bumps from the chill in the air. Envelop me hot water, let me meditate to another place, drench my skin, feed its hungry thirst, to be warm to be held to be showerd by you.

The hour is done, or so i hope it is an hour, but does it really matter, so long as it feels like an enterenity, i am calm, relaxed, warm from head to toe, n ready for bed, no mom alarms going, no barking dog, just the comforter and my husband enveloping me with love, and his cold feet.

© 2012 traveling mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a deliciously relaxing poem. Well done!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
Ahhhh, this piece has such an air Of peacefulness an tranquility about it. Your imagery is great and your description of your emotions and feelings pull me in and I feel like I'm right there relaxing in the steam of that hot shower. The only thing I don't like about this is the use of n to mean and; very text message-y. Besides that this is superb, tranquil piece

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 12, 2011
Last Updated on September 21, 2012

Author

traveling mind
traveling mind

SC



About
forty ish, an austistic child, fighter of life through n through if i can get up feel the sun, the beauty in my garden my sons sticky smile, lifes crap can wait more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Old

A Poem by Muse