SHADOWS

SHADOWS

A Poem by traveling mind
"

waiting to be noticed

"

A chair is still a chair, even if there is no one sitting there, and a chair is just a chair as the walls are part of the  house, and a  house is not part of a home when there is no one there to hold you tight and kiss goodnight. Shadows of the house, moving about but never seen, there are some things a heart won't listen to its crusted in cement wrapped in a chain link fence, but what about the other heart that shadows the house? How much longer will it hold on, waiting to be heard, before it falls silent?

 

what kind of game is this? calling out your name, and you are no where to be found, what kind of life is this, walking through out the empty house, filled with meaningless things, was this house ever to be a home?  A slight breeze shifts through the open windows, in the distance there is laughter, kids at play, dogs barking, a home, but not here. What am i to you? We each wear a title associated with our name, but there's no breath that fills the void after that. we all had the matchstick thrown to us its time to toss a pebble in the shore and watch it drift, pull up a sail and change directions, and from there maybe there is a chance, this house will be home.

 

© 2014 traveling mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Inspiring write - well written, great work!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Added on April 19, 2014
Last Updated on April 19, 2014

Author

traveling mind
traveling mind

SC



About
forty ish, an austistic child, fighter of life through n through if i can get up feel the sun, the beauty in my garden my sons sticky smile, lifes crap can wait more..

Writing