HERE WE GO AGAIN

HERE WE GO AGAIN

A Poem by traveling mind
"

no answers to why no regard for life and lives

"

HERE WE GO AGAIN

 

I turned on my computer and there on front page news, a father with absolute anguish in his face, holding his family, holding a photo of his son, he went to see a movie for his 27th birthday, and it was his last.

A simple celebration to mark a birthday, a young strong man, who made others smile, getting ready to share his first wedding anniversary, a long life together to be filled with so many memories, and that will never happen. He tweets this will be the best birthday ever, one hour to movie time, his last words ever spoken to his family, his wife, his friends. His family searched and called around, no where to be found, no answer on his phone, chaos not knowing where to find him, panic, can’t reach him by phone.  He was not one of the lucky ones, coming home, walking away, that’s not a word that should be used with going to work, school, or the movies. This young man was not at any hospital, or temporary center, his car still in the parking lot, a father carrying a photo, AGAIN we search for answers, AGAIN, a father looking for his son, hoping someone would say yes I’ve seen him, he is ok, but those words never came.  This is only one story of many who were victims of AGAIN a senseless crime.

Who knew going to work, to school, or going to see a movie can lead to never coming home. A supposed brilliant medical student decided tonight, would be a great night, to shoot up a movie theater.  Someone who was going to take an oath to save lives, instead took them away. In the dark of night, he was able to sneak in a back door to a theater. In the darkness the only one wearing protective gear, in the stillness he crept, in the stillness like a dark fog he rolled gas cans, and declared war on innocent lives, panic, fear, and more rage, why, an answer we will never have for the families who loved and lost or to the parents who’s son is responsible for this nightmare, in a full circle this is a vast tragedy.

Instead of tall towers, or schools, or planes, now a theater needs to be on the watch list of insanity and long list of no answer. The parking lot still full of cars, some will eventually get driven away, others, will remain a chilling reminder of the dark [k]night, and there they will sit like a memorial to that night. This is a fragile reminder AGAIN we don’t know when , or where our last breath will be. Embrace those around us, embrace them a little tighter, and thank heavens you have one another, and for the many others, all we can do is pray.

To those we lost…

The brave, noble who laid their bodies on their women

A six year old, and a unborn child to one mother

A sailor, who served our country, survived wars, only to perish in a moment of joy

A woman who only survived a month earlier to another gun fire

A father of two small kids who will never remember who daddy was, a ball that was to be thrown to his boy, a ballet by his little girl never attended..

THESE are only some of the ones that stand out, there are so many more who dodged bullets, protected loved ones, prayed, hoped, loved, and lost, they all had a name, a story, a life, and someone who will miss them greatly.

July 2012

 

 

© 2012 traveling mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on August 6, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012

Author

traveling mind
traveling mind

SC



About
forty ish, an austistic child, fighter of life through n through if i can get up feel the sun, the beauty in my garden my sons sticky smile, lifes crap can wait more..

Writing