The Society Chapter One

The Society Chapter One

A Story by Tots8595
"

Like the Clique.

"

Chapter One

Brianne’s Room

January 2nd

8:17 AM

Brianne Kingsley sighed and sat up in her down-feather canopy and lunged to her dresser. She pulled her iPhone out of its charger and checked her text messages.

          New Message

    From Alaina

    Bri, can’t believe school after winter break starts next week! We need 2 go shopping 4 amazing outfits! Love you Alaina<333

          Brianne smiled and set her iPhone back on the dresser. She started to get up but stumbled. Then she slipped on her plastic square Chanel eyeglasses and opened up her walk-in closet.

          “What to wear, what to wear?” She asked herself, pacing and chewing on her lip. Suddenly she whistled. “Honey!” A tiny Labrador puppy ran into the room and licked Brianne’s exposed foot. “What’s your take, Honey?”

          Honey cocked her head and barked.

          “You’re right!” Brianne flashed a shiny grin at her puppy and pulled out a silver Michael Kors crushed lamé top, True Religion light wash jeans, and white patent ballet flats, and dressed in them. She straightened her brown shoulder length layered locks in her attached bathroom. After her hair cooled off, she set a tan suede headband on top of her head to keep her do in place. She sighed of relief. “There.”

          “Brianne!” called Emily Kingsley. “Breakfast is ready!”

          Brianne skipped down the majestic stairs and answered, “I’m here,” as she slid into the kitchen. Brianne walked to the island and sat herself in a chair. The housekeeper, Julía, set down a steaming fresh plate of eggs Benedict, organic wheat toast with strawberry jam, and banana pancakes. Brianne started in on the toast first, chomping at it lightly and delicately.

          Emily sat down next to her daughter. “Honey, I have to talk to you about something.”

          Brianne turned to face her mother. Gawd, by the looks of her face it could be anything. She was wearing her poker face. “Uh, yeah?”

          “Remember Dad’s old buddy from law school, Ron Lewis?” Emily asked, swallowing her pomegranate-banana-orange juice.

          Brianne twisted her face into an I’m-thinking expression. “Umm, no.”

          Emily frowned. “Well, Ron and his family are going to move into our guest house while they’re looking for a permanent home.”

          “For how long will they be staying here?” Brianne asked in a calm tone.

          “A year.”

          “Oh.” Brianne nodded, sipping on her iced tea.        

          Emily raised her eyebrows. “Really? You seem more okay about it than I expected.”

          Brianne shrugged but said nothing. I’m too bored to care. If she gets here and she’s a total loser, then I will. But hey, she might be a great new addition to the posse.

© 2009 Tots8595


Author's Note

Tots8595
What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on February 9, 2009

Author

Tots8595
Tots8595

Philadelphia, PA



About
Bonjour, I'm Kat. I love writing a lot, and I would really appreciate it if you commented on my pieces. I'm going to be posting four major pieces of mine - Nightfall, Frankie vs. Felicia, The Society,.. more..