WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU�RE SAD??

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU�RE SAD??

A Poem by the_real_me

What do you guys tend to do when you feel really sad? I for one, feel sad a lot during the winters. No matter where I am or what I a doing, it's just something about the changing of the earth's axles that puts my energies in a slum because it is off balance. Right now I am feeling a little sad. I've been feeling sad for a long time but sometimes I just have to get my mind out of the gutter! Sometimes it really helps if I keep repeating a mantra inside my head of positive things. I keep telling myself that things could be much worse and I try to look at all the things I do have in my life that others might not. I tell myself that I must be the luckiest girl in the whole world and to have such a big heart is a blessing! Those thoughts sometimes help me feel better when I'm down and out so I was just wondering what you guys do when you're sad??? Being sad really sucks, but sometimes looking back now, those were some of my most colorful moments in life when I was sad! Hey, look on the bright side.....you know that happiness is just around the corner anyway because you can't be sad if you were not happy also! Does that make sense to you? I don't know....I'm just tired and wanted to write you all.....I miss you guys a lot and I wish you felt what I was feeling right now.

© 2008 the_real_me


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

When I am sad, I write, or listen to soothing music, or play my guitar. Sadness has inspired some of my best work, and I think it's human nature to feel at least some sense of guilty pleasure from being sad. It has something to do with the duality of humans, etc. Anyway it's normal to be sad, and you definitely do the right thing to handle it by repeating positive outlooks in your head. But as I once heard in a Bright Eyes song, "your eyes must do some rainin' if you're ever gonna grow." So it's not unhealthy, either, at least in moderation.

Have a nice day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well sometimes I write about it, sometimes I hide from the world and kind of go to ground, watch movies, read and navel gaze, sometimes I know it will pass and just wait it out and sometimes I just go get a tub of ice-cream and a heap of chocolate. Hope it passes for you soon.

Posted 16 Years Ago


actually to answer that question. when im sad a feel really hungry... i may look skinny but man a eat like a really fat person and when im sad its just worse lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 12, 2008

Author

the_real_me
the_real_me

Allentown, PA



About
more..

Writing
Family?!?! Family?!?!

A Story by the_real_me


Pancakes Pancakes

A Story by the_real_me