My First Time

My First Time

A Story by the_real_me

 

My first time, it’s something you hear a lot but most people think it only means one thing. Sex but it can mean more then that.
            My first time means lots to me; the most important My First Time is when I understood that not all people are happy all the time. I had to deal with my best friend being anorexic. I thought she was getting better but she wasn’t. Every thing I thought I knew about her was just one big lie, she lied to her dad, therapist, and even God.
            To me she looked fine; maybe she could have been a few pounds more. In the middle of seventh grade she had to go to the hospital because she wasn’t eating. That was My First Time I heard about someone being anorexic. She stayed there for what seemed like months to me, but was just six months.
            After she came back things seemed even weirder with her. During lunch she ate but I knew after lunch she threw up. I didn’t say anything, I couldn’t say anything. Everyday I thought about saying something. What would I say that wouldn’t come out all mean sound.
            Then one day she told me she was going into foster care that was My First Time I completely understood that people are mean and just because you don’t do something they go all crazy on your mom or dad. Saying things like it’s the parents fault or their not taking care of you the way they should.
            My friend called a lot told me she was getting better. Maybe she was getting better for all the wrong reasons, being away from home, not seeing her friends. Those   thoughts ran through my head all the time would she ever get any better or would she die. That was My First Time I really prayed to God for something I really wanted to come true.
            Over the next couple of summers I did a lot of praying. Then we started high school. The first day she was there. I couldn’t be happier then that day. That was My First Time    I thought that praying to God might have done some good.
            Since then she’s getting better and is putting on weight. This school year we haven’t been together as much but we talk sometimes.

© 2008 the_real_me


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like it and i think it is great cause it comes from a personal part of your like but i just have one dissagrement with your story when you commented on the fact of when she was put in foster care that everything is blamed on the parents yea some of the blaim is put on the parents but the foster parents are no the blaim for your friend being their. the only one to blaim is the parents

p.s. sorry for the story but that kind of stuff gets me mad
justin

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is a very good piece.. i like how you talked about soething wayyyy different then what comes to mine with your first time. I think using your personal expeirience with this writing is why it made it so interestring to read. the ending however maybe needs to be fixed a little, like a longer or even a more explainable ending.

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is a nice little piece. i like how you repeated My First Time throughout the story. I wouldnt bother with the underlining of it--the capitalizing it sets it apart enough. This seems like a story where the end theres going to be a shocker....but I guess you cant really write the end yet. Even so, I wonder if theres any way to tie up the loose ends better at the conclusion. Some sort of final thought or final First Time... Maybe an idea to play around with.

This is nice because it comes from personal experience and I like how you opened yourself up and listed your Firsts like that.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 3, 2008

Author

the_real_me
the_real_me

Allentown, PA



About
more..

Writing
Family?!?! Family?!?!

A Story by the_real_me


Pancakes Pancakes

A Story by the_real_me