Looking For You

Looking For You

A Poem by Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

I come here to find you, not you who shall hold me prisoner to your designs of love, but you who know love is just a word for a box of treasures that are different each time you take a look inside. I come to find you who understands that love is not a deed of ownership but a deeper journey shared between souls. I seek not love, but a connection like tectonic plates finally coming back together to reunite an entire continent. 

I seek a woman who has no need for love yet chooses to be a part of its journey, allowing me to love and worship by my own heart and not be held accountable by the expectations of your own. I seek a woman who will love to not fill an empty void inside her but to expand the space around her. I seek a woman who will love not in fear of being alone but in confidence of the gifts she has to share. I am looking for the one who shall let me love her for who she is and can be, not freeze each other in time because we fear change. One who shall dance upon the moment and not stand to dwell on what might be lost in the next.

I seek a woman who understands the need a soul has from freedom, expression and growth. The field of life must always be open and unguarded. Fences and borders turn a friend into a slave and a relationship into a hostage negotiation. I seek a women who throws stereotype to the starving, choosing instead to live by the awareness that the understanding and acceptance of individuality is the antidote for the few contaminated souls that scar a sex, race, culture, faith and humanity.

I seek a woman who shall not condemn me for speaking softly should you tumble through thorns or for speaking harshly should you bathe in clouds. I seek you who shall be comfortable being wrong even when you are right, safe in the knowledge that truth is relative to the believers journey. I seek a woman who understands my pain before I do and shall catch my tears before they hit the ground. I seek a women who will let me cry on their behalf but is willing to carry the pain equally. For we should be two individuals as one, separate in existence but together in time. Living and growing through the combined experience of our souls and always encouraging growth.

Please let these words flow through the river of humanity to the ocean that I must believe exists in the heart of you. If the eyes are a window to the soul then I am half blind, for the true beauty of the world can only be seen when shared.  I must believe that you are out there, longing for me as i long for you. So with every breach of my heart I must retain faith that it was just a damn blocking the flow to you. So release the waters and let them carry me to you, through their rapids and falls I shall tumble until I land in your embrace. I will find you, I will find you. 

So if you are the one:

May you come soon and love me

The one whom shall catch my tears before I hit the ground

The one whom shall cradle my pain

The one whom shall hold finality in her eyes

The one, the one for me


I need someone , but not just anyone

Someone to sing me to peace

To hold me in joy

To repel me in sorrow

To run back to every time


The power of my longing destroys all

Love can never fill the obligation

Love can never overpower the expectation

So it crumbles, so my heart crumbles too

Another love is walking away


This loneliness inside

It is all I have for company

It cries me to sleep

It washes me away

It soaks me in longing


Reward me for my patience

Reimburse me for all the tears I've spent

Show to me again the foundations of my faith

Prove to me that love exists

Let me feel it's warmth in my soul one more time


So if there is one

Who shall catch my tears

Who shall cradle my pain

Who shall let me love unrestrained

May she come soon and love me


Copyright 'The Human Voice' 2012


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SI4rLqI_WU 

© 2013 Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)


Author's Note

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SI4rLqI_WU Visual version

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm just going to put this out there... this was a beautiful piece full of yearning for the one you wish to find.

"If the eyes are a window to the soul then I am half blind, for the true beauty of the world can only be seen when shared"

This was a wonderful line... I really liked it, and it jumped out at me.
In a world that doesn't take relationships as a serious thing, most turn sour. We walk between empty spaces, searching for the one to show us the foot stones to walk upon. Meandering through wispy clouds until the one comes and solidifies the condensation, bringing our feet upon the good earth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

Meandering through wispy clouds until the one comes and solidifies the condensation, bringing our fe.. read more
frivolous treasures

11 Years Ago

Oh haha thanks :) Inspired by your brilliant verses, sir :)



Reviews

I absolutely loved this! The way you personified your emotions was so well done. It breaks myheart that you are so sincere and have been hurt so. Chin up though Darlin, good things come to those who wait, so if you've not found the one you're looking for yet, just be patient. Maybe she'll find you...love has a funny way of doing things ^_~

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

I gave up on Love along time ago, I still have the longing as this shows but I am in control of it, .. read more
I'm just going to put this out there... this was a beautiful piece full of yearning for the one you wish to find.

"If the eyes are a window to the soul then I am half blind, for the true beauty of the world can only be seen when shared"

This was a wonderful line... I really liked it, and it jumped out at me.
In a world that doesn't take relationships as a serious thing, most turn sour. We walk between empty spaces, searching for the one to show us the foot stones to walk upon. Meandering through wispy clouds until the one comes and solidifies the condensation, bringing our feet upon the good earth.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

11 Years Ago

Meandering through wispy clouds until the one comes and solidifies the condensation, bringing our fe.. read more
frivolous treasures

11 Years Ago

Oh haha thanks :) Inspired by your brilliant verses, sir :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2012
Last Updated on February 13, 2013
Tags: love, hope, someone, longing, alone, spirituality, relationship, help, self, pain, story, faith, hurt, fear, borders, nationality, eviction, religion, philosophy, Valentine, sex, passion

Author

Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)
Mark Anthony Games (Human Voice)

Worcester, United Kingdom



About
http://www.youtube.com/user/HumanVoiceThe (You Tube Channel for Performance Poetry) Without the darkness that surrounds them the stars could not shine. I give praise and thanks to the darkness for a.. more..

Writing