The Red Ribbon

The Red Ribbon

A Story by dark brown i's
"

This story is about a little girl who follows a ribbion in the air as she is going home when she finds a secret shed...

"

An ordinary school girl I was, making my way to class like a good girl. Hair tied back in a tight bun, straw ribbon hat pressed firmly on my skull, shoes polished to the brink of perfection. My rectangular back pack bouncing upon my shoulders, navy dress ironed without a crease. I remember arriving at the wooden door-first as usual-looking up at the pale yellow ceiling counting the number of cracks which could maybe give me an insight in to the age of the school. The rest of the girls stroll in to the hallway a minute or so late-not that it matters the teachers are too busy socializing in their budget staffroom with budget coffee (supermarket brand the cheap kind)-in less than half a second my personal space is invaded by a pack of ravenous 10 year old girls followed by brain dead drooling slobs-the boys. One day this will all be over, I sit up every night closed eyed and hoping for a better life ( Ed Sheeran).

   The first kick came from the meanest looking girl, Lydia, followed by the rest of the 6, after a good 10-15 kicks and a hearty laugh which I was no part of I was down for the count.5.What did I do wrong?4.Why do they hate me so?3.Are they just having a laugh?2.Who organized this?1.I will remember this day for years to come.

   A few years after plotting the perfect revenge plan, reflecting on the phrase revenge is best served cold I came across an unusual tree. I've always walked past trees on my way home but for some strange reason this tree seemed to captivate my attention the most. Then I realised why that specific tree seemed different, it was because caught between the branches filled with greenish growing brownish late august leaves was a red ribbon dancing to the tune of the wind.Whilst debating on whether to reach up and grab the fine silk it flew to another tree, this time to a lower branch compared to the previous tree. I ran to grab it determined even though I was going slightly off course from my usual country path home. The charade continued, the ribbon jumping from tree to tree came to an abrumpt halt as it blew inside the window of a shed and landed on top of a book that lay on the floor coated with dust.

   Usually the very sight of dust and dirt would put me off the venture, plus I felt slightly in the wrong entering somebody else's property without their permission, but technically I owned the red ribbon now as it was lost so I was simply reclaiming what was mine. Without a second thought I turned the door handle and jumped back in suprise to find it open. I mustered the courage to to regain my position near the door,it creaked open even further and a gust of wind pushed me closer. I walked inside expecting the worst, when I found nothing other than the interior of an old shed covered in dust and cobwebs. I knelt down to get the red ribbon and another gust of wind sent all the dust that had lay on top of the book on the floor in to the air. the dust particles soon reached my nose, I coughed and sneezed, then realised that this was an abandoned shed so technically this shed was mine including the book. I quickly held the book and studied it. The book looked like an old excersize book obviously worn over the years, quite light to hold too.

   My phone alarm signaling the time at which I should be home rung loudly in my ears bringing me back to reality. I quickly stuffed the book and the ribbon into my side bag and ran off in to my usual path, checkered red and blue skirt, grey blazer, red and blue tie along with a blue beret to match-Roachfield High School-hell in a sunny bucket. Without realising it was nearing sunset I had to go.

   That night I couldn't sleep a wink, so I went to the source. I got out the ribbon and the book, then switched on the lamp. The Deadly Arts written by ... was all that was written on the cover not even a  logo of the company or any type of identification of where this book may have came from. I turned to the first page of the book and in it was a title at the top saying how to kill without a trace the book looked very interesting so far and I read on...

   I finally slept but my mind was not at rest, this red ribbon had provided me with the perfect revenge plan. My other one seemed useless almost but this was the moment I had been waiting for all I needed was timing.Hair. Ribbon. Choice of torture.

 

 

 

© 2012 dark brown i's


Author's Note

dark brown i's
It is still at the starting stage but I would like some feedback on it so far. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this, it's interesting ^-^

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 27, 2012
Tags: Exciting, Touching, Deadly.

Author

dark brown i's
dark brown i's

London, United Kingdom



About
Well I still live in London and have applied for uni! Hurray I would say if I didn't have to sit my A-Levels. It's been a long time since I've written here and hope I can come back more frequently. My.. more..

Writing