Burning love

Burning love

A Story by Ann
"

A girl 18 years old that loses her best friend in a fire

"

Burning Love

            My name is Falon Pylor. I’m eighteen years old. I live in a small country called Elk Manor. I have a brother, lance, who’s twenty years old and loves to hunt game at the break of dawn. I have a despicable drunk father, who spends his days drinking and sleeping. I also have a very kind, caring, best friend. Many people in my country say girls are supposed to be best friends to girls and man to man., but my best friend is a guy and we tell each other everything. His name is Spear, who loves nature and life. He also is strong and very athletic. He is very special to my heart. We met when we were only 6 and are friends from then on.

            Today is an important day for me. It’s the day were I get to spend a whole day doing nothing. And I’m spending it with Spear. Why am I spending it with Spear, well for one thing it’s been a long time since I’ve seen him. With the terrible weather and with my brother sick, I never got to do anything fun. So I crawled out of bed. Put fabulous clothes on. And I descended the long staircase and crept out the creaking door, and through the back ally.

            When I reached the forest entrance, I brushed past the branches and twigs and ran towards my secret place, where I first met Spear. Oh do I love it in here. It’s always so peaceful. Unlike the streets of Elk Manor, that is incredibly crazy. People dying, crashing, or just talking really loud I can hardly hear straight. Just thinking about it makes my ears ache in pain. As I approached my secret place, I looked around and found a dangling branch that was formed like a swing. And I walked up to it and sat down, resting my whole body weight on the sturdy yet small branch.

            Suddenly, I heard a rustling noise come from behind a tree. Therefore, I stood up and walked over to the tree. My guess is that it’s my brother trying to spook me, because he’s known for that. Then out came Spear, carrying fire wood. “Hello. Who are you meeting here?” He says stepping over a fallen branch then begins lighting a fire.

            I couldn’t help, but stiff a laugh and say, “You silly.” Then I took off running full speed into the lake. When I made contact with the water, I dived in and waved over to Spear, who took off running full speed into the water. Then he appeared right next to me in the deep end. We spent an hour swimming in the lake and splashing each other playfully.

            However, the wind picked up and we got out of the water and dried off. Suddenly, the wind blew hard and fast, which blow the fire towards the trees and set them a blaze. I just stood there frozen with terror as the flames emerged from one tree to the next. Next thing I know, Spear grabs my arm and I could see flames in his eyes, which used to be a nice shade of brown. Then he mouths something to me and we break out in a sprint to get out of this area. However, as we run Spear’s hand slips from mine and he falls behind. Then suddenly as I turn around in sight of him, a tree branch covered in flames falls right in front of Spear.  It’s then that flames begin to surround Spear and there’s no way for me to reach him. My voice can’t even be heard from the roar of the fire burning. All I can do is try to watch and make sure he’s okay. But as I watch, the smoke and the heat overwhelm me and I can’t see clearly anymore.

            As I stay, Spear begins fating from my eyesight as the flames get higher and the smoke becomes thick. All around me, I see flames on trees and the grass burnt. That’s the moment I know I have to leave. It’s very painful to leave Spear alone, probably going to die, but I must. However, when I moved ever so slightly, I saw Spear get covered and devoured into flames. That’s when I knew. I ran as fast I as I could out of the forest and I ran into a shack and I crawled into a corner of the room and sat in silence. My best friend was gone. What am I going to do next?

            For two months, I spent my day’s going to school, not saying a single word and everyday I have to live with a sharp pain in my heart. All though I try to say something, it seems like I don’t have a chance in this world. So why should I say something that wont change a thing? I thought long and hard about my question at school. Yet nothing came to mind. The months have been hard and my family is suffering from hunger and the cold. I myself can’t even go into the forest. Not after the fire, because it is still black filled with sorrow. And then I think again, I haven’t spoken since the incident. It has scared me for life and feels like I can’t ever be the same. But this can only mean one thing, I love him and I can’t live with out him. 

            After the two months went by, it was raining outside and I had to stop by the forest, which is a pile of dust and ashes. As I walk along the path towards the forest, I hold a picture of Spear and tears stream down my face. It is too much for me to bear. All I can think of the memories we’ve shared. I once saw shows were the girl tried remembering the memories, which made her, feel better, but clearly it isn’t helping me at all.

            As I walk towards the forest now, tears are pouring down my face and the picture is held tightly to my heart. Then I walk silently through the forest with my head down. Suddenly, I am taken by surprise and my best friend runs up to me. “Please don’t do it.” He says to me in a pleading voice.

            “Do I mean so much to people in this world? Why for once can I be happy and go be with Spear the one I love?” I say tears still streaming down my face. A lot of emotions run through me and I can help but scream.

            “No, no it’s all right. I promise you. People do love you here. I love you.” He says wrapping me up in his arms. I can believe what I am hearing. But I turn my head to see the lake. The very same lake I swam in 2 months ago. Then I get this sudden urge to marry my best friend. After all he truly loves me for me. And Spear is no longer with us.

            “Fine I won’t. But please marry me.” I say.

            “I will. We will get married in a week. I promise.” He says and then he’s off. As he goes, I watch and stumble to the ground. For a long time I stay there and don’t move. Everyday in the past was spent with Spear and now my best friend decides to tell me this now. I am in awe and yet in tears of pain and misery. Then I struggled to get up and walked home. But I placed the picture in the lake and watched it drift away.

            A week went by and I am getting ready for my wedding by the very lake he proposed, more like I proposed. As I gently put the vial over my face, I looked over the edge of the railing in my house. Suddenly, I a wagon pulled up to my house and I crawled in the little thing and rode towards the wedding place. After I get out of the wagon, I pull my vial down my face and walk the white carpet. Everything around me feels so weird. I can’t believe my eyes, but the one thing out of place is my fiancé. And that for sure is not my best friend, but Spear who can’t be here today because of me. So when after my best friend says I do, I throw the flowers to the ground and run towards my house.

            Half way towards my house, my beautiful white dress is torn to pieces and my hair is flying everywhere. When I reach my house, I run into my room and pull out my knife. And I hold it over my heart and say, “I’m coming right now.” 

© 2012 Ann


Author's Note

Ann
Okay... I'm not the only one who thought about this story... Andrew helped. Well a lot actually.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on May 26, 2012
Last Updated on May 26, 2012

Author

Ann
Ann

About
I love horses more..

Writing
Broken Broken

A Story by Ann


what a mess what a mess

A Story by Ann