Prompt one

Prompt one

A Story by Chris L.

Prompt One: Fri 3/13/09  “A Character’s Inner World”  (Inspired by Laurie Hutzler’s Character Maps)

 

You have created a character in your class.  Now, write a strong paragraph for each of your character's six elements:

 

  1. Your character's MASK
  2. Your character's FEAR/WOUND
  3. Your character's STRENGTH/CRUTCH
  4. Your character's ADMIRED TRAITS/TRUE SELF
  5. Your character's TROUBLE TRAITS/ACHILLES HEEL
  6. Your character’s SHADOW SELF

     

    Remember, after you have completed this prompt  by Monday morning and have uploaded it to your site, you MUST give supportive and constructive feedback (one solid paragraph) to AT LEAST FOUR of your peers by Tuesday morning.

 

    My character's mask is one that he wears so offten that sometimes he doesn't even realise that he is wearing it. This mask makes him appear to be some one who no one should mess with. He doesn't like the fact that this is the mask that he wears. When he wears this mask he sees people almost avoiding him just because of the mask that he is wearing.  He also knows that his mask is there to protect him and keep him safe but sometimes he wish he never had to wear it.

 

    His fear is one that a lot of people have, and it is the fear of what lurks in the dark that we can't see but can hear. This fear grabs like a cold shadowy hand whenever he is in the dark. In order to fight this fear and have that dark hand let go he has to put on his mask. This fear has stuck with him ever since a accident in hisa past. this is a fear that willmore than likely stay with him.

        

        His strength comes from and is his ability to problem solve or think things through. In many parts of his life he has held the lives of others in his hand. When a problem arose it came down to him to choose what to do and how to keep this certain people safe. Many people look at him as a very responsible person because of his ability to do this. The fact that all these people look at him t hat way is what gives him his strength.

        

        In this world we live in today there aren't a whole lot of people who have patiance and  are very understanding. These are the traits that my character admires most in other people.  These are the traits that draw him close to people. In fact every one who is close to him haves these traits plus many more. No matter what happens he always knows he canm count on people.

 

        When this guy gets mad no one whants to be in his way. For him there are certain buttons for him that if they are pushed, you will see his mask come alive with only anger behind it. This is his greatest weakness because sometimes it is the smallest things that will get him angry.  He hates when he gets like this, even though sometimes this may help him. More offten than not it wont help at all, but will instead make matters at hand even worse.

 

        A shadow self for this character that is a person who is a true snake in the grass. Meaning that they will wait in the grass to strike until the right moment. My character hates all people who are like this. He believes this world would be better off with out them. All I know is that these are all the things that make up my character 

© 2009 Chris L.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So far I am liking your character. You have a lot of really good ideas out there already but I think there
is more that you can add. It would help your audience understand your character more if you
elaborate more and add more specific details on the elements. But it's looking good, I am excited to
see what is next!


Posted 15 Years Ago


That was very good, there were a few spelling errors, but other than that it was meaningful. One thing that I am suggesting is that you should maybe extend the paragraphs just a tad bit further. That will give them that extra push to make the readers get to know the character a bit more.

It was good though. Awesome job =]

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2009

Author