Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Tannit

It's summer again.
Hot and dry and eating my bones, and it makes me realize that it's been more than a year since I left. Seventeen months. For a person who has only been alive for seventeen years,  this seems a ridiculously long time.  I'd like to say that a lot has happened in these seventeen months, but the truth is, not much has happened at all, and that's what makes it so remarkable.

 I am not one to forget things easily, especially those things that so test and stretch my spirit. I still remember - in vivid abstraction - every detail.  After a year passed, I began to feel a need to write it all down. The story began to form: sitting and festering in my mind, gathering the memories together into one semi-homogenous mixture that I could pour out through my fingertips.

I couldn't tell you where it all began. I can only tell you where it began to end. Seventeen months ago I made the first of a series of descisions that set into motion the very liberation of my soul. What follows is a series of letters written to various people, in the last year and a half, as part of my search to find understanding of the events that had held me down, and the new life I had found.

Now, I must first remind you that I have the terribly poisonous mind of an artist. While this story is so near and dear to me that I cannnot help but be honest in some sense, you must grant me the freedom of literature and poetry. After all, there is always some truth to be found in lies...



© 2008 Tannit


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on July 26, 2008


Author

Tannit
Tannit

Henderson, NV



About
I don't know how to be anything else but what I am and though I know on an abstract level exactly who I am, I will always be unable to describe myself satisfactorily. But I can try to sum up: -I .. more..

Writing