Round of 16 Matches

Round of 16 Matches

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 28th, 2018

Round of 16 Matches

 

Italy v Belgium (Kazan Arena) 

Russia v Guinea (Fisht Olympic Stadium) 

Spain v Faroe Islands (Luzhniki Stadium) 

Germany v Denmark (Nizhny Novgorod Stadium) 

Brazil v Lithuania (Samara Arena) 

Chile v England (Rostov Arena) 

Colombia v Cyprus (St Petersburg Stadium) 

Ecuador v Macedonia (Spartak Stadium) 

 

Eleven of the European teams have progressed. All four South American sides made it through, after all four came first in their respective groups. One African side, Guinea, has progressed to the Round of 16, and will have the support of the entire continent to overrun the hosts, Russia. No Asian sides progressed, though without the likes of Australia, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia or Iran (all who were strong back in FIFA days) few are surprised. Only Uzbekistan was the only Asian side to draw once (against St Vincent and the Grenadines). Solomon Islands also gained a draw against a typical powerhouse in Mexico. No CONCACAF side progressed. Aside from Mexico, another surprise was Costa Rica, who fell one goal short of progressing in Group G.



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on July 1, 2018
Last Updated on July 1, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing