(GFWC Match 17) Seventh Heaven for Russia over Hapless Oceanian Side

(GFWC Match 17) Seventh Heaven for Russia over Hapless Oceanian Side

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 19th, 2018 (GFWC Match 17)

Seventh Heaven for Russia over Hapless Oceanian Side

Russia v Solomon Islands

 

World Cup hosts Russia has netted seven goals against Solomon Islands with a brace from midfielders Samedov and Zhirkov.

 

Russia made one change to their first eleven, placing Smolov on the bench for Gazinskiy, and Dzyuba taking a more right-side position in attack. Solomon Islands swapped their goalkeepers around, with Bird making way for Kabini after the former made zero saves in Game 1, while left back M. Kilifa played in his first World Cup game in Boso’s place.

 

Russia advanced early and broke down Solomon Island’s defence little by little. The first goal, in the 27thminute, came after Kabini saved Golovin’s shot when he had out bodied Lea’alafa. Newcomer to the first eleven, Gazinskiy reached in front of his markers to poke the ball in the net.

 

Seven minutes later, the main scorer from the first match, Dzyuba, found the ball on the corner of the 6-yard box. He switched to his left and slotted the ball around a charging Kabini. 

 

Solomon Islands, thanks to a change in formation to a back five and the efforts of their captain, Fa’arodo, slowed down the Russian advance and made it to halftime two goals down and with hopes of not imploding as Mexico did.

 

This was not the case. Four minutes after the break, Zhirkov ran around defender Kini and powered a long distance shot that got the crowd truly roaring. Not to be outdone, Samedov did the same four minutes, only closer, thanks to Golovin’s assist.

 

Man of the Match Samedov outclassed his previous goal, hitting a return ball from an unselfish Gazinskiy first time into the back of the net.

 

The game all but over, Zhirkov joined Samedov on a brace when he found himself alone by three metres after a through ball from Smolov. Then, straight after the restart, substitute Dzagoev stole the ball from Kini and buried the proverbial Solomon Islands coffin deep in the ground.

 

Russia look set to now top Group A, before their final game against the Faroe Islands. They not only have an attacking prowess but their defence is impeccable, lead by a defensive midfielder in Golovin, who, with his two assists and eight tackles, was arguably as influential as Samedov. 

 

Meanwhile, Solomon Islands have nothing to lose in their final match against Mexico. The only effect they can have on the group is by keeping Mexico out of progressing to the Round of 16. 

 

With a Solomon Islands goal difference of negative 9, the discussion has already begun on whether or not Oceania deserves their automatic spot in the World Cup, or if the Global Futbol hierarchy needs to return to a confederation playoff for the best Oceanian side to qualify for the 2022 World Cup. FIFA used this style, and though it kept Oceanian sides out of the World Cup, aside from Australia, it ensured the level of football did not diminish to the level it did today. This may be unlikely, but there is cause to at least discuss the possibility.

 

 

Russia

7-0

Solomon Islands

13

9

47

24

0

2

69

80

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

3

0

53

19

1

1

0

83

 27’ #6 Gazinskiy (#13 Golovin assist)

 34’ #23 Dzyuba

 

 49’ #18 Zhirkov

 53’ #19 Samedov (#13 Golovin assist)

 57’ #19 Samedov (#6 Gazinskiy assist)

 70’ #23 Dzyuba off, #10 Smolov on

 70’ #20 Kuzyaev off, #8 Anton Miranchuk on

 

 

 80’ #6 Gazinskiy off, #11 Dzagoev on

 87’ #18 Zhirkov (#10 Smolov assist)

 88’ #11 Dzagoev

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 45’ #11 Lea’alafa off, #21 N. Kilifa on

 

 

 


 

 

 70’ #16 Waroi off, #10 Molea on

 77’ #8 Nawo off, #15 Donga on



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on June 19, 2018
Last Updated on June 19, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing