June 18th, 2018 (GFWC Match 14) Macedonia Trounce Iraq in Opening Game

June 18th, 2018 (GFWC Match 14) Macedonia Trounce Iraq in Opening Game

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 18th, 2018 (GFWC Match 14)

Macedonia Trounce Iraq in Opening Game

Iraq 0-3 Macedonia

 

Macedonia has given Iraq a masterclass in taking hold of chances as they netted three goals, now equal top placing alongside Chile in Group G. 

 

Iraq worked their way into the game starting with an early chance for Mohannad Abdulraheem, but with no goal to write home about. The best chance was for Ismail, who cut back inboard after receiving the ball facing away from goal. The shot went wide and the Iraqi youngster hung his head in embarrassment.

 

Macedonia then wrestled back momentum and took their chance, scoring with a great Pandev finish. Ibraimi weaved around the Iraqi defence before slotting a pass to Pandev. The striker fired with his left and the Macedonian crowd rose to their feet. 

 

After the break, Macedonia rose in level and pressure. This resulted in a second goal. Pandev won a challenge from Iraqi defender Waleed and tapped the ball into the box. As another defender, Khalaf ,came across, Pandev cut the ball back over his potential tackle. The ball skidded to Ibraimi, who hit first time with his left to the far side of the net.

 

Ibraimi had a chance for a brace six minutes later, but Iraqi goalkeeper Sabri won the one-on-one battle. Similarly, the goalkeeper managed to keep out multiple shots, including another Ibraimi header. Pandev also had a chance for a second goal after Trajchevski’s guiding pass across the box found Pandev running in, only for the ball to sail over the goal.

 

With the game all but over, Man of the Match Ristovski then drove from the middle of the park to finish the game with a goal and carry great momentum into the next game against Ghana.

 

Meanwhile, Iraq need to turn the game plan around as Saturday will see them take on Chile. If they do not get a result, the Middle Eastern side can see their Round of 16 chances whittle away. 

 

Iraq

0-3

Macedonia

3

0

51

22

1

0

0

83

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

10

6

49

20

0

1

60

88

 26’ #11 Husni

 

 45’ #17 Alaa Ali Mhawi off, #10 Younis Mahmoud on

 

 

 68’ #8 Mohannad Abdulraheem off, #5 Yaser Kasim on

 

 78’ #4 Sameh Saeed Mjabeloff, #22 Ali Abbas on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 44’ #10 Pandev(#19 Ibraimi assist)

 

 

 54’ #19 Ibraimi(#10 Pandev assist)

 68’ #20 Spirovskioff, #8 Petrovikj on

 

 

 78’ #11 Hasani off, #7 D. Trajchevski on

 

 

 90’  #10 Pandevoff, #15 Jahović on

 90’ #13 Ristovski

 

 

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on June 18, 2018
Last Updated on June 18, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing