(Match 13) Ghana with No Shots on Target Against Pinilla Hat Trick

(Match 13) Ghana with No Shots on Target Against Pinilla Hat Trick

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 18th, 2018 (Match 13)

Ghana with No Shots on Target Against Pinilla Hat Trick

Chile 3-0 Ghana

 

Chile has taken the early lead in the Global Futbol World Cup’s Group G after a comprehensive win over Ghana, with a hat trick by striker Pinilla.

 

The South American side showed their early intent as they pressured Ghana’s possession across all areas of the field and cut down any through balls to Gyan or Jordan Ayew up forward.

 

Thirteen minutes in and striker Pinilla had his first goal. The ball, cut through by Fuenzalida, found Pinilla away from his marker. He took hold of the ball and fired for his maiden 2018 World Cup goal.

 

The continued pressure nearly brought about the second goal after Alexis Sánchez picked up goalkeeper Brimah’s short pass to Mensah, only for the soft shot to be easy pickings for the Ghanaian man with the gloves.

 

The second did come, minutes later, after Silva’s ball from the centre circle to Sánchez. Sánchez touched the ball around his marker and laid it in front of Pinilla, who took it first time past a sorrowful Brimah caught in no-man’s land.

 

Ghana made an immediate change in formation, bringing back a fourth defender to mimic Chile’s formation of 4-2-1-2. Chile maintained pressure on the Ghanaian midfielders as they had little time to pass the ball to advantage. The African side looked out of sorts with no tactical knowledge of how to penetrate past Chile’s structure. 

 

No changes at halftime meant the same as the first half. Chile went on the offensive for a third goal. First it was Silva from midfield, who shot at goal five minutes into the second half, only for Brimah to parry the bouncing, low ball. 

 

Just after the hour mark, Sánchez took a shot with his left. Again, Brimah reached the ball, tipping it over the bar. Then Pinilla missed a header wide of the goal from the resulting corner.

 

In the 69th minute, Sánchez won a challenge in the middle of the field and drove straight for goal. Eight yards out, he passed the ball across to Pinilla, who popped the ball in with his left.

 

The game petered out, with mainly substitutes by both teams, including Sánchez and Man of the Match Pinilla. Ghana failed to result a shot on target as Gyan and his teammates struggled. Silva had one final shot, only for the ball to fly to the right of the goal. The whistle finally blew, giving the African team some respite from embarrassment and the Chileans a solid start to their World Cup campaign. They look to Saturday’s game against Iraq, while Ghana take on the only European team in the group, Macedonia.

 

 

Chile

3-0

Ghana

8

6

52

20

2

3

75

77

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

2

0

48

16

0

0

0

75

 13’ #9 Pinilla (#6 Fuenzalida assist)

 34’ #9 Pinilla (#7 Sánchez assist)

 

 

 69’ #9 Pinilla (#7 Sánchez assist)

 69’ #9 Pinilla off, #16 Castillo on

 69’ #2 Mena off, #13 Pulgaron

 

 89’ #7 Sánchezoff, #11 Vargas on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 58’ #9 J. Ayew off, #13 Assifuah on

 64’ #5 Partey off, #6 Acquah on

 

 

 

   89’ #23 Affuloff, #18 Amartey on



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on June 17, 2018
Last Updated on June 17, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing