Belgium Cement First Win Against St Vincent

Belgium Cement First Win Against St Vincent

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 16th, 2018 (Match 8)

Belgium Cement First Win Against St Vincent

Belgium 3-0 St Vincent and the Grenadines

Belgium has opened their Global Futbol World Cup campaign with a solid first half against St Vincent and the Grenadines, leading to a win and top position in Group D.

 

Belgium set the tone early with a goal for Carrasco. It was a brilliant team goal of quick passing, finishing with Fellaini’s pass in front of Carrasco, who had cut inside from right midfield. Carrasco touched the ball to his left, around defender Miller, and hit the back of the net.

 

Belgium kept up the pressure, hoping to penetrate their opposition’s defence again. Witzel, Meunier and de Bruyne all had positive chances, but to no avail. Lukaku’s shot from outside the box drove straight to the goalkeeper Christopher, who parried it to safety.

 

As the break neared, Man of the Match Witzel’s brilliant right-footed goal after a forward pass by Fellaini settled the game.

 

Three minutes later, the result was assured with a third goal. Hazard’s perfect cross after cutting back and finding space found Lukaku with a straightforward header.

 

In the second half, St Vincent played a good portion of possession in their own half. The Belgians were quite content to sit back and allow the CONCACAF side to do so, while waiting for the chance to counter. Vertonghen had a one such opportunity on the hour. Hazard also hit the crossbar in the 72nd minute. De Bruyne, having a relatively off day, only accomplished one shot on target from five attempts.

 

Vincent’s only decent chance came with James’ one-on-one drive, only for Courtois to smother the ball and the Belgian defenders made sure it cleared the dangerous area.

 

Left midfielder Gordon also had a chance, but fired the ball over the goal.

 

The game then petered out as Belgium ran out winners, and with that, top spot in their group. They will have high hopes for their main eleven to tackle Germany and cement that spot on Thursday. Meanwhile, St Vincent and the Grenadines will look to lift off the bottom against Uzbekistan on June 22.

 

 

Belgium


3-0

St Vincent and the Grenadines

17

9

49

21

3

3

52

86

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

2

1

51

15

0

0

50

82

 9’ #11 Carrasco (#8 Fellaini assist)

 39’ #6 Witsel (#8 Fellaini assist)

 42’ #9 Lukaku (#10 Hazard assist)

45’ #9 Lukaku

 45’ #9 Lukaku off, #17 Tielemanson

 59’ #8 Fellaini off, #19 Dembéléon

 63’ #11 Carrasco off, #20 Boyata on

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

  71’ #10 Andersonoff, #9 M. Samuel on

  71’ #17 George off, #7 Trimmingham on

  85’ #12 Slater off, #2 Lowman on

 



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on June 14, 2018
Last Updated on June 14, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing