Togo Trounce Vietnam in Opening Game

Togo Trounce Vietnam in Opening Game

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following articles highlight the process of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and their demise from the governance of international football and the rise of Global Futbol.

"

June 16th, 2018 (Match 7)

Togo Trounce Vietnam in Opening Game

Togo 5-1 Vietnam

An attacking Togolese side has fired five goals against a hapless Vietnam, with unlikely scorers taking charge.

 

The first half hour saw no goals. Vietnamese veteran Lê Công Vinh posted the best chance when he fired with his left, only to be stopped by Mensah.

 

After a slight shift in approach, Togo piled on four goals in 11 minutes. The Vietnamese defence capitulated as goals came from all over the field. 

 

The first started with a through ball by Akakpo to Romao. With the defenders preoccupied by the strikers, Romao ran to the edge of the box. His right foot fired and the ball hit the netting just inside the right hand post.

 

Four minutes later, Adebayor won the ball in the middle. He tapped it into the open space behind him, where Gakpé was running. The attacking midfielder touched it once into the box and curled it around an advancing Trần Nguyên Mạnh.

 

Two minutes after came another attack, forwarded by a cross from Ayité. Adebayor ran past the far post, and reached out his left as he slid. The ball thudded into the signage behind the goal and the Togolese supporters groaned at the near miss by the veteran striker.

 

Man of the Match Bossou then attacked from defence, with players drawn away from him. Only midfielder Phạm Thành Lương pressured from behind. Bossou fired low with his left: three goals from three different positions.

 

Ayité’s goal on the brink of halftime summed up the last 11 minutes: a lack of clearance and an error by Trần Nguyên Mạnh saw the ball hit Ayité’s chest, and run towards an open goal. Ayité made sure it finished in the back of the net.

 

After the hour mark, Vietnam switched Lê Công Vinh up as the main striker and brought on Nguyễn Văn Toàn behind. This provided little relief up forward, but the Vietnamese still pushed despite the insurmountable task.

 

The task became impossible when substitute Laba received the ball in the right pocket. He guided it to Adebayor, who hit across the goal with his first touch. This fifth goal, from a fifth scorer, ensured Togo with first place in Group C.

 

A consolation solo-effort by Lương Xuân Trường did little to dent the embarrassment as Togo ran out four-goal winners. This exuberance and attacking style will help them as they traverse to Ekaterinburg against the Italians to potentially hold top placing in their group. The Vietnamese must regroup after such a poor performance. They take on the two hot favourites in their group, with Denmark first, who will be out to avenge their loss to Italy.

 

 

Togo

5-1

Vietnam

12

5

50

17

3

0

41

84

Shots

Shots on Target

Possession %

Tackles

Fouls

Corners

Shot Accuracy %

Pass Accuracy %

 

3

3

50

17

0

1

100

74

 32’ #15 Romao (#5 Akakpo assist)

 36’ #17 Gakpé (#4 Adebayor assist)

 41’ #9 Bossou (#4 Adebayor assist)

 43’ #10 Ayité

 45’ #7 Dossevi off, #8 Agbégniadan on

 56’ #5 Akakpo off, #14 Segbefia on

 63’ #10 Ayité off, #19 Laba on

 

 

67’ #13 Ouro-Akoriko

 74’ #4 Adebayor (#19 Laba assist)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

  63’ #10 Nguyễn Văn Quyết off, #21 Nguyễn Văn Toàn on

 


 

 74’ #3 Trương Đình Luật off, #15 Quế Ngọc Hải on

 74’ #17 Vũ Văn Thanh off, #20 Ngô Hoàng Thịnh on

 90’ #14 Lương Xuân Trường



© 2018 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on June 14, 2018
Last Updated on June 14, 2018

Global Futbol


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing