Power of the Rose

Power of the Rose

A Story by Sunshine

Once upon a reality rests a stormy planet where the sky was blacker then night in a frigid war.  Storms were always hanging around whether quick and light or a complete hurricane.  Deep within this world hid the one and only world leader’s headquarters where the leader, Sir Zeitgehoft lived and worked with several agents.

 

            “It is time #13 to act on my final plan to rule and make sure nobody steps in my way.  Now! Send out the orders to do one last supernatural check!  When the new plan is set in action we’ll make sure those freaks are nowhere on this planet and they are all placed in the prison of the Invisible realm.  In just a few days, a new era will rise to become immortal on this planet and I, shall never be forgotten.”

 

            On the other side of the world was the one and only Rose Academy, silent with the agitated winds, yet visible to all.  The academy was in hiding because it was not segregated with the rest of the world, but preferably co-ed which was breaking the Code of Isolation.

 

            “Demetria, how many times do I have to tell you?  The Rose Academy is the place I believe to be the safest on this planet and I should know since I’ve been attending this school and living as a resident for eight years,” believed Lyrical Hopkins, a second series senior with a vigorous appearance holding the mark of death(or walking in the silenced steps of death).

            “You may have been here since you were six years old, but I oppose because there is no such factor as danger anywhere on this planet,” bellowed Demetria with a thin smirk and dressed for sunshine weather as if holding hope that the sun will excel dazzlingly once again someday.

            Lyrical now ranging with anger as if the walls were burning on fire, halted motionless and speechless.  Demetria and Miles stood distanced as Lyrical commenced to shout, but instead of shouting red sparks flew violently from out of nowhere and hit the vase of roses, which was among the most important, morally valuable, and symbolic object in Demetria’s and Lyrical’s dormitory.

            “Oh, frostbite.  You are going to be in so much trouble when the professors come and do their weekly dormitories check,” said Miles sympathetically and depressingly.

            “SILENCE!” roared an unfamiliar voice in belief that there was a professor standing right behind them.

            “While, you two have fun now; I’ll just be in my dormitory if you need anything,” whispered Miles in his long lost country accent.

            After his words Lyrical held him back knowing he would eagerly rush out of the room being able not to be noticed since he is by far the fastest track runner at the school.  They certainly do not call him Invisible Miles for nothing.

            Lyrical and her friends leisurely turned around and came face to face with the most beautiful person they have ever met.  Her name was unknown and her appearance unrecognizable, but she was as beautiful as Mother Nature with an assortment of flowers in her hair and glitter randomly glowing all over her. She was wearing summer clothes that had more of a base of natural colors than anything else and her hair was slightly curly and reaching a solid distance past shoulder length.

            “Who in the world are you and what are you doing in our dormitory?” Demetria said breaking words apart that it was so hard to keep in mind the sentence as a whole and all because her eyes filled slightly with tears, her cheeks focused on an extremely red color as jealously was read all over her face now that she was in the presence of someone more beautiful then herself.

            “I am the Golden Witch dear child and you must be an extra that the unknown one warned me about.  Lyrical, is it not and of course the sad and depressed looking one must be…must be, I’m sorry but who are you?”

            “He’s Miles.  I’m terribly sorry, but either I misunderstood you or you definitely said the word witch,” said Lyrical in shock and confusion.

            “You were not mistaken, I am the one and only Golden Witch, co-ruler and wife of the Leading Warlock, or he is better known as the Unknown.  I am not the only witch in this very room.  You, Lyrical are one as well and sure enough you just showed yourself proof with those sparks and the breaking of the rose vase.  Of course if you are uncertain then you can just call your emotional and imprisoned father.  After all, he was aware that your deceased mother was once a witch and actually the Silver Witch,” said the Golden Witch with deepened marks upon her face and extra emotions upon her ocean blue eyes.  “My real name is Maggie Wordsworth and I have come today to prove yourself a witch, and a very powerful one at that, but I have also come to ask for your support in a mission.  I overheard your debate previously and Lyrical is absolutely correct, there is danger everywhere on this planet and it may not be visible now but our world believes that there is a master plan by Earth’s leader, Sir Zeitgehoft to rule and create an immortal era that will lead to nothing except universal destruction.  What you need to do is travel to his secret area and battle with him.  Use your powers child.  And yes, you are correct, you cannot control your magic yet, but in this scenario uncontrolled magic is found to be more useful because sometimes not knowing what to expect will lead you on a new adventure leading to unexpected discoveries.”

            “How did you…,” but before Lyrical could continue Maggie had vanished into thin air, but still somehow felt as if her eyes were still locked on their presence like a predator secretly sneaking up on its prey.  Lyrical stood silent unaware of what she believed to be reality, Demetria looked astonished and by Lyrical’s guess for the reason that Demetria was shocked at the fact that the world was not at all safe and protected from wrong doings as the citizens had expected while Miles read nothing but the expression of complete confusion written all over his face.

            “Well, the one thing I do remember from my mother is an old fantasy film she used to watch.  So take my arms.  We are going to do a little number known to me called Vanishing Traveling.  I may not have the best of memory and known of little supernatural knowledge, but I believe in Maggie because there is something extraordinarily mother-like and recognizable to her, yet I just cannot seem to place it at all.  All I know is that I have to follow along with my mission, whether you two wish to join me or not.  So, what do you say?” Lyrical spoke in a choking voice with tears not debating or even speaking her opinions or theories on the recognizable Maggie Wordsworth.

            Together the gang teamed up and both Miles and Demetria touched Lyrical’s arm in a gently manner as if a prince and princess were descending down a great staircase to make an extraordinary entrance.  Suddenly at the followed wish and mystical beliefs of Lyrical, together the three of them vanished into a swirl of colors and designs barely noticeable because of their breaking of all of the theories of speed and time travel.

 

            Unaware of all surroundings and even voices echoing in the light of magic, the three had landed right smack in the middle of a darkened and silenced cave with view of the one and only person all three of them were most eager to meet.  Sir Zeitgehoft stood shaking with his dragon scale facial features as he stared at his unexpected visitors in shock of their way of entrance.

            “What are you childish brats doing in here?  The only way you can enter is if you have noble abilities and I am the only one with that on this planet,” now literally breathing tiny balls of flames transforming to ash, he spoke with words and his anger ranged across the moistened and chilled cave.  “You three are under arrest by the World of the Leader Society for breaking law #13 which clearly states no person shall break and enter into other’s property unless investigation is called for.”

            “We come with orders from Maggie Wordsworth; The Golden Witch of Planet #2 to throw your rule unbalanced my lordship.  You see, we are not breaking any law for the reason that we are under aged and in this case, investigation was completed by the other worlds and clearly, their crystal ball claimed I had to be the one to stop you.  It is breaking the Order of the Realms since our world comes first in line with complete segregation from the other realms, but their world had to readjust to make you lose your power.  My name is Lyrical Hopkins, daughter of the once great Silver Witch.”

            “It’s you!  You are the one that I had a feeling would stand in my way.  I disposed of your mother the old mortal way by pure-human murder.  She didn’t see through it at all, since all her skills were based off of supernatural ability.  Now I must murder once again and you can once again reunite with your filthy kind hearted mother.  And you, my dear boy cause the largest of threat since your mother is the Golden Witch and your step father is the Leading Warlock.”

            Not only now did Lyrical stand in shock at the fact of who murdered her mother, but the others as well.  Demetria, never favoring Miles for his way of life and negative side seemed happy for him, even in this fatal and fearful situation.

            “Miles, now you know your mother is still alive.  That is why Maggie acted so strangely around you.  Lyrical is a witch like Maggie which means they both carry the trait of prediction and feeling.  They both sensed that there was a relation between you two and…”  Demetria was cut off by a raging ball of flame revolving around the entire cave as Zeitgehoft spoke of whispering noises only Lyrical could understand.  “Murder shall be upon the moonlight tonight as your souls are carried to the moon by dust in the process of reincarnation.  I shall rule for eternity and this burning flame shall last forever within this cave!”

            “MILES! DEMETRIA!” Lyrical screamed in dramatic rare effect as if there was no heaven’s light, until out of nowhere she recalled some lost information.  My mother grew up in the Netherlands in a hideaway cave that was historical for the living place of the first dragon.  The Netherlands is the place where magic was created.  It was known that some of the earliest warlocks and witches held a feature of a sort of dragon like face.  My mother was immortal but not only suffered from pure-human murder, but from Magician’s Disease and by the combination of the two killed her.  The father I know today is nothing more than my stepfather and my real father is standing right in this cave.  That is the reason behind her murder.  My biological father, Zeitgehoft found out when I was five years old that the only reason they got married was so that my mother could keep an eye on him and stop him from world domination.  That is it!

            “Einde brand!” Lyrical shouted in the magical language of Dutch.  Lyrical repeated herself several more times until the flames died down to a silent river bank where the bird’s sung once more.  All fell silent; almost too silent to predict the recurrence of events.  Suddenly, out of the blue, Lyrical eyed Demetria dead as the rose that now lay on the floor in their dormitory.

            “NO!” Lyrical sang out in a shout as Miles kneeled to Demetria as if she were a fallen soldier lying on a battlefield.  His tears shed across the floor creating a puddle.  Unlike Lyrical though, Miles hinted a smile as he caught the dead Sir Zeitgehoft now deceased.  Lyrical ran to Miles side, but when Miles had told of the good news, Lyrical ignored him in the eternal honoring of her friend.

            “Congratulations you two!” came Maggie’s voice from what seemed an invisible shield.  “Demetria was a very brave girl, and in her next life she shall continue to be the same.  Ah, Miles my dear son, you are a dear friend to Lyrical,” spoke Maggie sympathetically and apologetically for her cause of Mile’s constant depression.  “I had no idea you were my son until I listened to the events happening in this very cave from the other realm, even though I was suspicious all along that I have known you before.”

            Miles remained crouched to Demetria’s side and remained once more silent as Maggie had taken Lyrical’s arm to push her away from two very dear friends in need.  Together, the two walked outside and to Lyrical’s amazement, the world was sparkling with sunshine and nature’s wonders just like Demetria had always wished.  It was as if, Demetria was the magical one because the world refused to shine until her fallen death.

            “Lyrical, the Leading Warlock and I would like to thank you so much for saving the mortal world.  I am proud to say that you are far more powerful than I had expected, but even more kind and that is hard to do.  Power takes over more than love does Lyrical and that is exactly what happened to Sir Zeitgehoft.  Let me explain to you what really happened back there.  You see, as you have already thought and concluded that your mother was murdered by Sir Zeitgehoft because of the reason for their marriage.  She married him in order to watch what he was doing so we could make sure to protect the world and stop him from gaining power because he posed a threat that some of the greater people in our realm could feel.  Once he found out about seven years later that there was no love and she was really on the good side he killed her, but for unknown reasons did not dare touch his one and only child.  Even though your mother was immortal and had lived since the start when magic was created in the Netherlands she faced Magician’s Disease which is known to be quite severe and fatal.  Between the combination of the attempt and success at mortal and her personal battle, she had lost her life.  An ex-boyfriend of your mother’s took you in for a year pretending to be your father and then had sent you to the Rose Academy in order to create extra protection plus the reason that he was sent to jail for being accused of murder due to past records of the relationship he had with your mother.  Of course, he was always guilty.  This afternoon your friends did a very brave deed for you that gave you all the protection even magic could not give you.  Demetria loved you like family and Miles does as well and he had extra protection himself and some he transferred to you for being related to me.  You see, love is powerful and even evil cannot stop its course, even if it is just between friends or someone more than just friends.  Right Lyrical?  You and Miles survived because you did not directly get hit by the cursed fire Sir Zeitgehoft had produced, but Demetria did.  It killed her because she was nothing greater than human, but only part of that curse officially hit her.  The other half bounced off of her and back to Sir Zeitgehoft.  There is a law of magic stating that you cannot use dark magic on yourself or the consequences shall be harmful or in this case even fatal.  Half that curse bounced off of Demetria because of love.  It would have completely bounced off of her if she did not wish for peace so much.  You see, if Demetria hadn’t had died there would still be no sunshine because she had no magical abilities, but yet a different magic and one that simply came to her naturally.”

            That was the end of the lecture received from Maggie and Lyrical was satisfied and greatly proud of Demetria.  She was more than mortal, but magical after all and will always be with her.  Demetria’s body may rest deceased and soulless and her soul may be in the moon waiting to travel back down to the world once again, but it now shines throughout the world.

            Lyrical and Maggie said no more and had entered the cave smiling to their heart’s desire.  Miles still cries like a phoenix giving a warning of coming death.  Lyrical gently sat pleasantly as if she were a queen.  She opened her palms gracefully and said, “kom The Mighty Rose”.  Appearing in her palms was the rose from the vase she had broken previously in her dormitory.  “In honor of Demetria Hart on this very day of June 7th, the dearest friend in the universe and someone who plays the role of a sister in which I have known for many years.  I present you with this rose and token of appreciation that shall now rest with you with all those memories it holds for it is the starting point of the first greatest and last adventure surviving in our memories of you.  Keep the peace and spread that sunshine for your dream has finally come true, my dear and sweet Demetria Hart, now officially by the religions of the universe, Saint Demetria “Sunshine” Hart, keeper of the light.”

 

            Lyrical had ended her speech still smiling with the beats of the sweet morning sunshine sweeping across the now grassy and pure green fields where birds sing their songs and chipmunks and squirrels run around.  The audience roused from their seats and in Lyrical’s view was Maggie with Miles as well as her recently released jailed father, who she now called her one and only biological father even though there is no relation through blood or marriage.  Lyrical felt out of place here since she still could not stand to realize that Demetria was gone, but the speech she had made in her honor was said to be extraordinary.  There must have been hundreds in the audience wearing all colors that would represent a rose.  Each woman had a rose in her hair and the men a rose tucked into a pocket of their jacket.  The tables were filled with food and a special rose cake as the sun shined more brightly then it ever did in all of history.

Five Years Later…

            Five years ago Lyrical, Demetria, and Miles beat Sir Zeitgehoft in what is now considered to be the Battle of the Rose and it has been one year since Lyrical’s and Mile’s graduation from the Rose Academy.  Now rests a world still unsure of past events, but will definitely not make the same mistake twice by having only one world leader.  Instead, here now lay a world connected with outside universes and supernatural realms.

            “I now present my dear friend and soon to be daughter-in-law, Lyrical Hopkins, now named Minerva with the Golden Witch crown.  And to my son, goes the Leading Warlock crown therefore becoming the first ever Leading Warlock with no magical abilities.”

            The mortal and supernatural people of the realms jumped and shouted for joy at their crowning.  The celebration was being held at the Rose Academy which is as always was, the burial place of Saint Demetria “Sunshine” Hart.  Lyrical could not help but remember those many years ago at the death of her dearest friend, but the memory of Miles surprise that his biological mother was still alive, well, and forever immortal.  She stood waving to the crowd next to Miles Wordsworth, her future husband receiving all kinds of congratulations from the cheering crowds.  Yet, Lyrical knew that there was a puzzle piece missing.  It was a puzzle piece that made her who she is standing today, but she knows that can never change.  She saw the sunshine as she had every day, except she could have sworn that the sun was smiling directly back at her.  Lyrical realized that Demetria will always be with her in a new and adventurous way and her soul is probably a million miles away or even right here with her, except not exactly who she used to be.

            Lyrical made her way back to the table where the feast was happening until someone gently tugged on her dress.

            “Excuse me,” said a cut unknown voice, “can I have your autograph?  I have heard your stories so many times that it seems so realistic to me.  You are amazing,” said the five year old girl standing now in front of Lyrical holding out a pen and notebook.

            “Sure sweetheart, what is your name?”

            “My name is Sonny Magick.”

            “You look oddly familiar Sonny, but I cannot place where I know you from.  When is your birthday?”

            “June 7th, I’m five years old.”

            Lyrical looked up in the state of shock, but thought that was the one thing that remained impossible.  Not possible… Lyrical softly whispered to herself and said no more, but gave the autograph that read:

            To Sonny,

Always keep the sunshine within you!  I expect we will be seeing each other around

            Yours,

                        Lyrical Minerva Hopkins Wordsworth

            Now rests realms where Lyrical and Miles are together and Maggie lives on to help lead the realms with the Equality Act of the Supernatural and Mortal inspired by Demetria.  It may have been once upon a reality, but now reality seemed to be what was once the theory and definition of the impossible.

 

            Millions of miles above the clouds undetected was a realm unknown.  Demetria walked down a glowing path in heaven’s light towards the stone entrance with the guards.  There a sword was resting with jewels imbedded within its shining silver.  She picked up the sword and then a friendly voice spoke, “welcome to Jericho!”

© 2011 Sunshine


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on April 12, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2011

Author

Sunshine
Sunshine

CT



About
It doesn't take power to have strength, and it don't take courage to be a hero. more..

Writing