A Hitchhiker's Night

A Hitchhiker's Night

A Story by Eli Blayze
"

A twist on a common urban legend

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

              She slowly rode down the dark streets looking for those in need of a ride. A common Saturday night task, out of good karma. Her eyes scanned the streets until she founds someone. Another woman, of about 25 flags her down. The driver opened the window, “Where ya headed too doll?” She asked as she unlocked the door.

 

“I need to get to the Hilton Inn on 30; my car broke down a few blocks from here.” She opened the door, “Thank you so much.” She said as she got in.

“Oh no problem, I’m headed that way. Quite a drive from here though, I like going the back way if that is alright with you, you... what is your name?” She smiled politely and started to drive.

“Right, well I guess if it’s a long drive we might as well enjoy it, I’m Kristie. And you?” She held out her hand to the driver.

“The death of you.” She smiled a wicked smile in Kristie’s direction. The atmosphere thickened greatly, Kristi looked at her in fear, “Kidding! I’m Melina. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Oh, hahaha!” Kristie laughed uneasily. Slowly she turned her head away from Melina to stare out of the window. The city seemed to slip away from them quickly. Lights faded in the distance, everything was dark except the headlights shining on the empty road in front of them, and the green glow of the radio buttons.

The two women sat in silence, until Melina turned the radio up. “I hope this is okay.” A country song played lightly.

“You’re car, you’re radio. It doesn’t matter to me.” Kristie said and sighed, “What kind of joke is, ‘The Death of you’? I am not sure I understand your humor.”

“It wasn’t a joke.” Melina laughed again. She stopped the car.

In a state of shock, Kristi whispered, “Why did you st...Stop the car?”

“Out of gas, can you get me the screw driver from in the glove box; I have gas in the trunk.” She held out her hand and waited for the screw driver.

“Hum, your thing says you have half a tank. Maybe I’ll just walk the rest of the way. Thanks for the ride this far.” Kristie tried getting out of the car.

“Please, get me the screw driver Kristie, I won’t ask nicely again. My ‘thing’ is broken! This is nonsense! I won’t let you walk a foot on this road by yourself; do you want to get yourself killed?” She unlocked and opened her door as Kristi got the screw driver.

“Oh, how much further is the hotel, I’ll find another ride, I’ll be okay.” Slowly, she opened the passenger side door.

“Nonsense!!” Melina reached over and shut the door, “You stay right here, I’m going to fill the tank up, and we’ll be on our way. I’ve gotten you this far, dontcha trust me?” She ran the screw driver along Kristie’s arm and winked. Then she climbed out of the car to get the gas canister.

“Oh...okay, I guess I’ll stay right here then.” Kristie yelled to be heard.

The trunk flung open, “Oh darn it, I forgot to get this outta hear, Hey Kristie, can you give me a hand with this, there won’t be room for you back here, I hate dead weight.” Melina called out, and then paused, “Oh man. I didn’t mean that. Sorry, I’m always thinking outside of my head, Kristie? You there?” She walked to find the car door open and Kristie a few paces ahead of the car, walking quickly.

“You’re psycho!” She yelled.

Melina jogged up to her, “Awe, man. I was going to make this quick and painless, I actually quite liked you. What a shame Kristie, now you’re going to suffer, not to mention, those w***e heels make you incredibly slow.” She took the screw driver and stuck her in the leg. Instantly she fell to the ground.

“What is wrong with you!!?” Kristie screamed as she tried to crawl away. Her leg was clutched tight in Melina’s hand. The screw driver plunged deep into her stomach. “Owyhee!” She howled in pain, “What the hell!?”

“Ever hear of the story about the Hitchhiker that kills the person, whom picks him up, Well, I decided to change it up.” She laughed a twisted laugh. “I really liked you, too bad you ran doll face. I might have even let you live. Oh well, too late now.”

 

 

The body of a young woman was found three days later by a group of hunters. The body was beyond recognition. Nothing was taken from her purse; her car was located twenty-two miles away. A friend had said she was getting a ride to get to a hotel after the car broke down. Her murderer is still on the run.

© 2011 Eli Blayze


Author's Note

Eli Blayze
My mom gave me this idea a year or so ago. I finally got to writing it, soo This one's for you mom! I love you<3

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I realized that I have verb tense problems. I started writing it in present then switched to past and did not fix all of the errors. I will do that soon.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow...really breathtaking one... I just got into the story .... awesome twisting ... :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2011
Last Updated on June 18, 2011

Author

Eli Blayze
Eli Blayze

Pittsburgh , PA



About
Hey there! Thank you for stopping by! I am just an unknown aspiring author who. Barely gets time to write anymore. I used to post on this site in high school. It’s crazy to look back and bar.. more..

Writing
Moments Moments

A Story by Eli Blayze


Schizo Schizo

A Story by Eli Blayze