Sharing Stories from the Depths of His Heart Cinematographer and Director Ajijul Hasan Surzo

Sharing Stories from the Depths of His Heart Cinematographer and Director Ajijul Hasan Surzo

A Story by starpower
"

Ajijul Hasan Surzo Taking His Career Around the World

"



It is easy to tell apart artists who are deeply in love with their craft. They cannot explain their passions or desires in words the world can understand, so they use art and stories even more. Ajijul Hasan Surzo is one such artist sharing stories from the depths of his soul with what we celebrate as creativity and zeal. With over eight years of filmmaking experience, Surzo is a very committed visual storyteller, quite observant of details as a director and cinematographer whose strong point is involvement in well-told ideas.

 

Having been a filmmaker for so many years, Surzo has managed film productions from concept to completion, leading creative teams with precision. Equally matched by his keen eye for cinematography, he pushes up the production value even when working on a tight deadline.



 

As a manager at the Media Department, Hair Queen LA, and OYO TV, he develops digital content creation and a strategy for a Hollywood-based fashion company. He oversees everything that has to do with production, from editing to the distribution of the media, in close coordination with other sections for a polished and coherent output.

 

Having gained experience as an assistant director in Bangladeshi TV media in 2016, Surzo started his venture into film in August 2017 as a freelance director and cinematographer. Throughout the years, he has directed and photographed several award-winning short films and documentaries.

 

He works hand in hand with writers, producers, and crew members, flawlessly stitching a collection of creative ideas into movie masterpieces. He has led productions at every stage, from rigorous pre-production planning to the final touches in post-production delivery. His work is characterized by attention to detail and an unquenchable thirst for excellence in each frame.

 

Before becoming a manager, Surzo worked as a production assistant at Universal Studios Hollywood and gathered ample experience in most production roles. From June 2023 onward, this position helped him hone his time management, leadership, and teamwork skills. His responsibilities included ensuring set safety and strict adherence to production protocols, further enhancing his ability to work efficiently within fast-paced environments.

 

But another facet of his craft is Surzo's keen eye for color and mood. Between May 2022 and February 2024, Surzo worked as a Colorist at C&I Studios. There, he led color correction and grading in various projects, often with extensive collaborations with directors in charge to reach the desired mood and tone visually on screen, making sure every little thing worked perfectly.

 

The skills of Ajijul Hasan Surzo are not unappreciated. He has won multiple accolades, including Best Documentary and Humanity Ambassador at the Dadashaheb Phalke International Film Festival, Best Film at the I-Lead-O-Scope Film Festival, and the Films on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) festival.

 

In addition to being a finalist at esteemed events like the Frames Film Festival and the International Children Film Festival in Dhaka, he was named the Best Junk Editor at XavComm 2019. His work was also acknowledged at the Atlanta Black Pride Film Festival.

 

Born on October 30, 1999, in Maheshpur, Jhenaidah, Surzo's fascination with film has taken him across the globe. Today, Los Angeles is his creative home. He is pursuing a Master of Fine Arts in Film Production at Mount Saint Mary's University to further his studies. His dedication to perfecting his trade is further demonstrated by his color grading and cinematography qualifications from Los Angeles City College.


Even more exciting news for Surzo is the selection for India's highest award in the field of cinema. 

 

Surzo's path combines enthusiasm and a profound love for the craft of filmmaking with skill. Through his lens, he continues to convey stories that move, inspire, and unite us all. His art speaks where words cannot.

© 2024 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on September 24, 2024
Last Updated on September 24, 2024
Tags: AjijulHasanSurzo, cinematographer, director, film, TV, Hollywood

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing