Jessie Malcolm Continues Wowing The Crowd With Her Amazing Vocals And Songwriting Skills

Jessie Malcolm Continues Wowing The Crowd With Her Amazing Vocals And Songwriting Skills

A Story by starpower
"

UK Soul Singer Jessie Malcolm, Sets The Stage On Fire!

"



As a soul music lover, I’ve always been drawn to artists who wear their hearts on their sleeves. Jessie Malcolm is one of those rare gems. With a vocal style that’s both honeyed and gritty, she blends the depth of blues with the richness of R&B. Jessie has captured my heart and the attention of many others in the music community. Hailing from London with roots in South Africa, she’s an artist unafraid to dive deep into her emotions and share them through her music.

 

Jessie’s journey into music began early. She started writing songs at just eight years old. Using the piano as her refuge helped her grow. Growing up in a house filled with Fleetwood Mac and Nina Simone sounds, it’s no wonder that soul and blues found their way into her heart. But it was when she joined the Led Zeppelin tribute band at 16 that she discovered the power of her voice - a fearless roar that would become her signature.

 

What truly sets Jessie apart, though, is the raw honesty in her lyrics. She doesn’t shy away from the tough stuff - grief, depression, and the struggle to be heard in a world that often drowns out individual voices. Her music is a journey through these dark places. But it’s also a beacon of hope for anyone who’s ever felt silenced.

 

Her debut track, "Silence," is a powerful testament to this: “This song is for anyone who has ever experienced your voice not being heard,” Jessie explains. “The noise slowly erodes away at who we really are until you almost disappear. Making this helped me rediscover mine. My hope is that it might bring some strength and healing to whoever needs it.”

 

Unsurprisingly, Jessie has been featured as a BBC Introducing artist on Jazz FM. Or that she’s graced the BBC Introducing stage at the Latitude Festival. Her sound is soulful yet sparky. Raw yet polished in a way that only true artistry can achieve. With production from the likes of Drew Horley, her upcoming debut album promises to be something extraordinary. It is a reflection of her journey, her struggles, and her triumphs, after all.

 

Jessie took her music to new heights earlier this year with a trip to LA in May 2024. There, she worked on new material. She performed at showcases, bringing her unique sound to a broader audience. This was more than just a business trip - a creative rebirth. It was a chance for Jessie to reconnect with her music and her purpose as an artist. The energy of LA has shaped the next chapter of her career. Her experiences in the UK contributed to this - a chapter I, for one, can’t wait, Jessie emphasizes the importance of maintaining uniqueness in hearing unfold.

 

This genre (soul music) made some of us fall in love with music in the first place. Her music is a powerful reminder that even in our darkest moments, there’s always a way back to light. Jessie’s journey is just beginning. We are excited to see where it takes her and us next.

© 2024 starpower


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

44 Views
Added on August 27, 2024
Last Updated on August 27, 2024
Tags: jessie malcolm, soul singer, singer, somgwriter, musician

Author

starpower
starpower

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Celebrity Reporter more..

Writing