Top Dog

Top Dog

A Poem by StacyPerry
"

3-25-2011 On 3-24-2011 Grandma Daigle Passed Away........May she Rest In Peace

"

Top Dog

You are the angel on my shoulder,

You are the devil's advocate

You are the one that made me bolder,

You are the one who'd talk to me and sit

 

An amazing woman of many life times,

One who took no s**t

You gave your heart to all in a bind,

Your love of steel armor took many hits

 

Everyone sheds that final tear,

We raise our glasses to that ghost in the fog

Your passing is almost too much to bare,

Yet we know that all is well in Heaven as they have their top dog.

 

R.I.P. Grandma Daigle; You will always be the one who has our backs, no matter if we knew you for a moment or a lifetime, as WE are the blessed ones.

 

Copyright 3-25-2011 Stacy Perry

© 2011 StacyPerry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful poem for a wonderful lady. We need those strong people in a life who love us for who we are. Thank your for sharing this poem. I'm sorry for your lost.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

@Art - She was more "everyone's" you know. She out lived HER daughter. We all miss her and I am [since I am not with my ex Boyfriend any longer after almost 8 years] not going to be able to be at the Wake or Funeral.......It slightly hurts, so I lit a candle for her as well as her Daughter and even as Jude [the man I am with] stated; "Stacy, there are not enough candles for in this world for us to light for everyone we've lost within our lives". It is true, but my reply was "My personal family....being an adult [or old enough to remember...I only have lost 2 grandma's, [+1 woman who was my ex's mom and I've knew for well over 23 years] that I am fully aware of and 1 Aunt. I am now living with that back brained fear knowing I am going to be losing everyone else...........and I am not sure how much more I can take with losing "others"...when it comes to MY parents, plus the 2 grandparents I have left. THAT will nearly break me let alone me wondering each day about my daughters.......not knowing if they are alive or if they are oh k. Living in wonder and fear of if your 2 baby girls who are turning 13 and 10 this year, well.......9 years is a long time to not have them with you and to NOT know anything whether good or bad news.

Something is coming and I just want it over with so I know.

To Everyone who read this; Apologies for writing it as a comment, but I AM NOT SORRY for getting this off of my chest. Stress is a literal killer, this is why I am not well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


condolences...may your Grandma rest in peace...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011

Author

StacyPerry
StacyPerry

Ashtabula, OH



About
I have another profile on here I can not get into, so I had to start a new one. Please read ALL of my Poetry and Writings on this page and my old site on here [in which I have a lot of work.....*a tea.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Want~ Want~

A Poem by Lovely Lady