A True Murphy's Law Tale

A True Murphy's Law Tale

A Story by StacyPerry
"

Amusing, isn't it?

"

This past Wednesday I was simply driving to a friends that I haven't seen in about 6 or 7 years and Murphy's Law took over hardcore on my a*s.

Mind you it is only a 20 minute drive tops, if you hit all red lights.

So I am driving and getting closer and my cell falls to the floor.....I pick it up and end up swerving. Then I slow down so I can read the signs [not a word about needing glasses people!], and I gather I was swerving a bit as well because I wasn't paying attention completely to the road. Oh k, so I FINALLY get to the street and turn, well the directions fell to the floor, so I pick them up and hit the tree lawn when I turn. Mind you all of this has occurred within 6 miles [because I had a cop following me the ENTIRE TIME].

I get on my buddy's street and I see lights and hear sirens, I just shook my head slightly as I pulled over gently and put it in park, then [around here you HAVE TO MAKE SURE at least one hand is visible and the other is quickly there too] I turned the car off and rolled the window down and had my hands set on the wheel.

Cop comes up to the window [as 2 more pull behind him] and said a driver had called in that I was swerving erratically and they followed me for 6 miles because they thought I was a drunk driver.

I looked at the officer and was beyond polite and answered all the questions and asked if he would like to search the car and have me do a field sobriety test, and of course he said yes.

I've never done one, so I listened and followed his instructions [mind you, how the hell when you are sober do you stand on one foot and count to 30 1000ths and do it without swaying a bit, especially when it is windy as hell out?], then after I walked my straight line and the whole leg thing, he was content to search my trunk [which nothing except emergency stuff is in there] and he looked in the glove box and so forth, well when I opened my purse, he saw 2 pill bottles. He asked what they were. I took both of them out and 1 was labeled and one wasn't.....well I told him the first one and then he walked away with them and my license and insurance.

While the 2 cops and 1 sheriff were speaking, I listened and heard something about betting how drunk I was.......I smiled and the cop came back with the Breathalyzer thing [never seen or had to do one before], he told me how it worked, I blew and it came up a perfect NADA. I don't drink or smoke and I told him that, BUT he then looked at me and  [I am gathering since everyone other than me felt a bit silly] told me as he handed me everything back that since 1 of the bottles didn't have a label on the container, I could get a federal offense for it and  [even though it had Tylenol and Meclizine [a pill you take for dizziness] in it] I could get taken to prison for it.

Then he looked at me and asked where I was heading because I was NOT driving back to Ashtabula like this and I said see the guy waving his hand, that is where I am going.

They let my buddy Dave walk to me, they gave me a warning [thankfully!!] & let him drive me to his house.

Premise, I had to eat and wait at least 2 hours before I could leave his place [plus the fact that I had to drive MORE than careful back.

Commence Laughing in 3....2...1...

© 2010 StacyPerry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010

Author

StacyPerry
StacyPerry

Ashtabula, OH



About
I have another profile on here I can not get into, so I had to start a new one. Please read ALL of my Poetry and Writings on this page and my old site on here [in which I have a lot of work.....*a tea.. more..

Writing