Twisted Thorns

Twisted Thorns

A Poem by StacyPerry
"

This is actually a spoken word poem, so find that rhythm and you'll understand it

"

Twisted Thorns

The thorns I hold twist in the wind as others walk by and see every sin, I simply sit there and do not say a word as my thoughts are as tangled as the thorns I hold within my hand.

Tighter and tighter I grasp them, then the blood begins to flow from the holes made, I am not feeling any pain though and I am surely not afraid.

For some reason this self realization has turned into self mutilation in others eyes and for that, they need glasses to see that I am very well off and doing the right thing by grasping the thorns that are tangled in a ring.

If anyone had bothered to inquire about why they were held, I could simply tell them all; The thorns are my heart and they are worn on my sleeve, as you see the blood drip, you see my heart bleed. The best part about this is that you see a sinner and seem to want to take heed, as I see a person whom has finally taken the sins and let the blood flow so they could be washed away on this very day.


Copyright 2009 stacy Perry

© 2010 StacyPerry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like this... :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 21, 2010
Last Updated on February 21, 2010

Author

StacyPerry
StacyPerry

Ashtabula, OH



About
I have another profile on here I can not get into, so I had to start a new one. Please read ALL of my Poetry and Writings on this page and my old site on here [in which I have a lot of work.....*a tea.. more..

Writing