Death Took My Heart

Death Took My Heart

A Story by StacyPerry
"

Part 3

"
As her heart began to slow when she heard no heartbeat of his own, she realized that he was doing the same as she just did....becoming so relaxed and at ease that there was nothing racing to hear within.

A small sigh of relief fell over her without him knowing and they lay, with him on top of her for a few more moments before he placed his hands on the bed and pushed himself off of her. They both cleaned up and then as they were once more fully clothed, sat with one another on the bed.

He knew that something was running through her mind and she knew it too. What was this?? She hated labels, she didn't want to put a label on it, it would of ruined things she felt as once more, she wasn't into the relationship aspect of things even though she connected with him on so many levels.

He put his arm around her and kissed her on the cheek. He told her that there was no need to over think anything and that they were enjoying one another's company and a friendship that was flourishing more and more each day, even though they had known one another for many of years.

She looked at him and kissed his cheek back and then laid her head on his shoulder.

He began to rub her arm, from shoulder to elbow and told her with a whisper that he loved her for who she was, for how she presented herself and most of all for the connection they had with one another. It was something that she needed to hear more than she thought as a tear fell from her eye.

A thank you was whispered and barely audible, but he heard her. He seemed to always hear what she said no matter how low or how muttered. He just knew her and some times she thought he knew her better then she knew herself.

A hush fell over the room, a perfect silence. The type of silence in which you need no words, no music, no white noise......a perfect silence of contentment and heart felt relaxation.

This was how it began prior. This was how the world she used to live in with her husband that had died started......she remembered all too well......a perfect silence.

She lifted her head and turned on the bed to look at his face. She saw him for who he was and not for who she had just thought of......oddly enough his face began to contort into the one she had known for so many years. She blinked her eyes and then she saw the man she was currently with, the one that made love to her so gently and so full of compassion........then he spoke and the voice that came out was not of his own.

© 2010 StacyPerry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on February 18, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010

Author

StacyPerry
StacyPerry

Ashtabula, OH



About
I have another profile on here I can not get into, so I had to start a new one. Please read ALL of my Poetry and Writings on this page and my old site on here [in which I have a lot of work.....*a tea.. more..

Writing