Enchanted

Enchanted

A Story by StaceyH
"

A movie review for the movie "Enchanted"

"
    Walt Disney’s “Enchanted” is a tie of all the Disney princess movies with a twist of fantasy and reality.  This movie can be enjoyed by many, but girls would probably like this movie more than boys.  Since this movie is a princess movie, boys will probably not enjoy it as much.  Also boys wouldn’t like think love story of it either.  This movie has action, love, fantasy and comedy that adults and children would enjoy.  If you like the other Disney princess movies or love stories you definitely enjoy this movie!
    “Enchanted” has many characters from animals to humans.  The main human characters would be Giselle (Amy Adams), Robert (Patrick Demsey), Edward (James Marsden), and Queen Narissa (Susan Sarandon).  The main animal character is Pip (voice by Jeff Bennett and Kevin Lima).  Lastly the Narrator of this movie is Julie Andrews.  The most important settings in this movie is in Andalasia and in New York City.
    One day when Prince Edward was hunting for trolls with his step-mother’s assistant, Nathaniel, he finds Giselle when she falls out of a tree in the forest.  The next morning is their wedding, but before Giselle gets in the castle for her wedding she comes across a old woman, who is really Edward’s step-mother.  Edward’s step-mother, queen Narissa, then pushes Giselle down a wishing well sending her to an entirely different world.  When she gets there she is very confused and doesn’t know anything about this strange place.  She ends up getting really lost and she starts fearing she’ll never find her way back, until a fellow New Yorker, Robert, finds her and brings her home.  When Queen Narissa finds out Prince Edward and Pip have traveled to New York to find Giselle, she is furious and tries to make sure Edward doesn’t rescue Giselle so she doesn’t have to give up her throne.  When Edward starts getting close to finding Giselle she figures she must kill her with poison apples to really get rid of her.  At the same time Giselle finds herself falling in love with Robert.  All this may turn out bad or good, but you have to watch to find out.
    The director of this movie is Kevin Lima and the writer is Bill Kelly.  What makes this movie original and cool is it is in a story book style where it begins and ends with a book.  Also another factor that makes this movie really interesting and cool is that this movie is half animation and half real acting/ green screen.  The Beginning is all animated like a regular Disney princess movie, but throughout the rest of the movie there is part animation and most real acting/ green screen.  There is a lot of stunts in this movie and a lot of green screen and animated effects that are very realistic and makes it look real.  The Animation is by James Baxter and the cinematography is by Don Burgess.  
    Music is very big in this movie, almost the whole movie is filled with songs which is much like other Disney princess movies.  Also a lot of the music ties in with other princess movies like “Happy Working Song” is a lot like when Snow white was cleaning the dwarf’s cottage along with Cinderella when she scrubs the floors and bubbles with her image float above.  Another song is the Background music in Robert’s office, “Under The Sea”.  also there is many more songs like “So Close”, That’s How You Know”, “Ever After”, etc.  The songs are all by Alan Menken who earned a lot of music awards, like an Oscar for best music written for motion picture, for the songs “So Close”, “Happy Working Song”, and “That’s How You Know”.
    I would rate this movie four and a half out of five stars.  This movie doesn’t get a five because you can mostly tell when there is animated animals very easily and some parts are not as realistic as others.  But this movie has got be one of my favorites and it’s amazing how every act and scene is carefully planned with another Disney classic.  Also another really cool thing about this movie is that the characters resemble their animations and they look exactly what you would think if they turned into real humans.
there is no other movie like this one and it is definitely a one of a kind twist in Disney classics.

© 2012 StaceyH


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on April 27, 2012
Last Updated on April 27, 2012
Tags: #Enchanted #Disney #Movie

Author

StaceyH
StaceyH

Writing
Iron Will Iron Will

A Story by StaceyH