Walking the talk !

Walking the talk !

A Poem by Pratibha
"

This poem is dedicated to my MOM...WHO has always followed in action what she taught us in theory.... This is my Mother's version of teaching me the ways of life.

"

 

WALK THE TALK, JULIE:
Walk the talk honey...Always walk your own talk...
Life is short......too short to brood,compare,criticize,whine,hate...
Make it HUGE, Make it worth living, Make it memorable...
Revise your a, b, c and d with me sweetheart...
Taught by us when you were a talkative and sensitive kid eager to grasp...
Come with me...take one step at a time and you would not lose yourself...
a = accept your blessings gracefully and be thankful to GOD for HIS mercy...
b = behave like the branch of the tree laden with fruits touching the ground...alt
c = control your WORDS, temptations, pride and anger always...they hurt souls...and GOD resides in the soul of each and every human...
d = devote yourself to your family, friends and duty...selflessly...like an oil lamp in darkness of night...alt
Do not worry about the tiny bud with you...he would follow your foot steps...
So, trust GOD and WALK YOUR OWN TALK...alt
Close your eyes and dedicate yourself in the sacred feet of GOD...
YOU WOULD SEE LIGHT, YOU WOULD FEEL WARMTH AND EVEN WHEN WE ARE NOT THERE IN THIS WORLD...
THESE SIMPLE a, b c, and d’ s would always guide you through life’s darkest moments...always...
Now, go fly like an eagle without fear...alt

© 2009 Pratibha


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the idea of revising the ABC's for a friend that needs advice.Very clever.I was hoping you were going to go through the whole alphabet.Now that would be intresting...I thought it was cute. It was almost was like " Here...let me teel you what you need to know...heres your basics ...and that you know...go out and find more" Good message.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am not able to rate this. Why?

Posted 15 Years Ago


hi pratibha. i am no poet but i can tell that you have not forgotten your mom's advice and you have the awareness of right from wrong.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very well said and well written!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

350 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 14, 2009
Last Updated on March 18, 2009

Author

Pratibha
Pratibha

London,Ontario, Canada



About
Well, i am 32 years old and a mother of a 5years old naughty but cute son, Sreyansh. I am at present at home taking care of him. When he starts his school this summer, i will go back to my job as a cl.. more..

Writing
KAVERI KAVERI

A Story by Pratibha