chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by spunkyleo

I hadn’t been used to clothing such as the garbage that before me. A bright yellow jumpsuit. It belonged to springlands, specifically designed to track citizens by eye.

The jumpsuit thrashed off the bed as I threw it to the floor angrily. “never will I dress like a peasant!” I screamed, digging my heel into the thin fabric.

“Miss Rundelli, please stop!” said Angela, as she pulled me away in my flaming rage.

I slapped her, scattering strands of her greasy blonde hair across her face. “don’t you dare tell ME what to do! You shall only obey my commands!

She sniffed. “my apologies, miss. Please forgive me”

I sighed, annoyed. “very well... now leave my room if you'd be so kind.”

“Of course.” she said calmly, bowing as mother gracefully walked by. “good morning, my lady.” mother only ignored her.

“Elizabeth, my dear. Mother said, her voice smooth like cream, “do not cause this to become any harder.”

“I don't want to leave, mum. I want to stay here.” I cried, Mascara stained my cheeks like black ink, dripping onto the fine marble floors.

“Its no longer safe here. You know that. The war is closing into the fall lands. Our family is no longer safe...” she paused for a moment. “to this day, I still regret letting your father create the Rundelli weaponry business. Let me be a peasant or even a street bum, but spare me the danger as I always say.”

My eyes swelled red like two juicy peaches. “will things ever be the same?”

“We can only hope and pray.” she said embracing me into the soft velvet of her gown.



© 2013 spunkyleo


Author's Note

spunkyleo
the first chapter is copied and pasted from open office!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013